• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Smart Pots?

Did a search and nothing turned up so I'm posting here. Has anyone used Smart Pots (http://www.smartpots.com/) before?

They're basically prolpropylene mesh bags to hold dirt and the porosity helps aeration and overwatering.

Seems like a novel idea and sorta makes scientific and practical sense (although being in AZ will they allow too much evaporation? RH rarely gets above 30% here.)

I live in an apartment and have limited balcony space so I'm thinking maybe put 2-3 of the same variety into one large Smart Pot to save a little space. Thoughts?

Used root pouches the same thing except cheaper and going to reuse last years for this coming season fabric pouches are great overall for the plants. PepperGuru even stated you can make your own if you can find the fabric not sure what it was called he posted the information somewhere. They do dry really fast especially during summer. My 10 gallon root pouches filled the entire pot by the end of the season with one plant, so if you decide to do 2-3 plants you might get plants competing for nurtrients and water. Good luck

Back