• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SmashBurn Grow Log - 2017

Here's my 2017 Grow Log.
IMG_1274.JPG

This year I added insulation, heat, and a 600 watt HPS light to my Sunroom/Greenhouse. Expecting much better results this year. I'm in Tacoma WA so we get pretty chilly at night, all year round, so this will really help. In fact it was 18 deg this morning.
IMG_1276.JPG

So far I have Peach Ghost, Fatalii Red, Yellow & Chocolate, Star of Turkey, Chocolate Bhutlah, Bahamian Goat, Red Savina Hab, White Naga, Gator Jigsaw & Devils Tongue started. I also have a bunch of other seeds and will be starting another round soon (hopefully this weekend).
IMG_1278.JPG
IMG_1280.JPG
IMG_1281.JPG
IMG_1282.JPG

My original planting was back on Dec 5th, so it's going nicely so far.

Steve

I've learned the same about peppers, if you set them out too early they don't die, they just stop. And then they don't do nearly as well through the rest of the season. An example: I can set tomatoes out March 1st, peppers have to wait until April 1st. A hard lesson to learn :rolleyes:

Transplanted 9 into 6" pots today and started my last batch of seeds .. really, this is it, no exceptions. My TW Aji Lemon Drops are now 11/12 up and looking good. I expect #12 to show soon. Awesome Germ rates this year. However there might be a little issue with available space .. uhmm .. well here:
IMG_1362.JPG

Masher said:
Very nice thriving and healthy...looking good Smash :cheers:

Thanks! Really worked on their 'environment' this year. Still doing daily battle with the darn Aphids but seem to be staying ahead of them so far. Ugh! Hate Aphids!!

Well, now that everything is planted here's what I ended up with. It is far more than I have room for. A few are a bit runt-ish so I can axe them if need be. 

I planted 6 of each seed except where noted otherwise, the /# is the number of plants I ended up with. 6/4 means planted 6 and have 4 growing.

2017 Crop:

[3" pots] started 12/5/16

Fatalii Red - 6/4
Fatalii Yellow - 6/3
Fatalii Choc - 6/5 (1 in 6" pot)
Jigsaw - 6/3
Choc Bhutlah UK - 6/3
Gator Jigsaw - 6/2
White Naga - 6/3 (1 in 6" pot)
Gator Jigsaw (Jerry Jones) - 6/3 (2 in 6" pots)
Bahamian Goat (Jerry Jones) - 6/4 (1 in 6" pot)
Devil's Tongue - 6/1 in 6" pot
Red Savina Hab - 6/3 (1 in 6" pot)
Ghost Peach - 6/3 (1 in 6" pot)
Choc Bhutlah S2 - 6/5 (1 in 6" pot)
Bahamian Goat - 6/2 
Star of Turkey - 6/5 (1 in 6" pot)

[Starts/Seedlings] started 1/3/17

Aji Lemon Drop (whitehotpeppers) - 6/5
Monkey Face Yellow - 6/6
Andy's King BOC - 6/5
Devil's Brain - 6/6
Goronong - 6/6
Big Yellow Mama - 6/6
Fatalii Mortalii - 6/5

[Started 1/13/17]

Aji Lemon Drops (tradewinds) - 12/12 100%
Datil - 6/5

[Started 1/15/17, out of baggie into jiffy pellets 1/21]

Bonda Ma Jacques - 6/
SB75 Yellow - 6/
Bahamian Beast 6/
Ghost x Yellow Brain Strain - 6/

FullSizeRender 6.jpg

Number of my plants are doing something I am unfamiliar with, the newer top leaves are looking kinda 'bubbly'. The tips seem to curl down under as well. They look fantastic and healthy except for this. Ideas?? 

FullSizeRender 8.jpg

Smashburn said:
Carolina Reapers in the Dehydrator .. Mmmmmm. Also some Super Chilis I dried and ground .. really great 'mild' pepper that really produces.

Mmmm indeed!  I had some dried reapers last night.  Supers look tasty too!

NeedsWork said:

Mmmm indeed!  I had some dried reapers last night.  Supers look tasty too!

Thanks, I have to dry them out in the Sunroom/Greenhouse .. Kathy can't stand the smell, especially the Reaper/Scorpion etc .. She loves the Fatalii and Ghost (if I keep it kinda mild) The fruity sweet peppers.

I just walked back in the Sunroom and it about knocked 'me' down! wow! pungent for sure. Had a massive sneeze attack .. but I loved it .. Next I have Naga Vipers and Scorpions .. got to get these out of the freezer, I'm going to have a big crop this year!!  :dance: Yay!

Smashburn said:
Number of my plants are doing something I am unfamiliar with, the newer top leaves are looking kinda 'bubbly'. The tips seem to curl down under as well. They look fantastic and healthy except for this. Ideas?? 

attachicon.gif
FullSizeRender 8.jpg

I have a few plants doing this as well....after some intense image searching i found a site saying it's lacking in phosphorus..bone meal was suggested to add to the soil.

I cannot verify if this is true....still searching for info.

I will be adding bone meal to the next up potting though.

good luck and success to you and your grow :cheers:

Masher said:

I have a few plants doing this as well....after some intense image searching i found a site saying it's lacking in phosphorus..bone meal was suggested to add to the soil.

I cannot verify if this is true....still searching for info.

I will be adding bone meal to the next up potting though.

good luck and success to you and your grow :cheers:
Remember bone meal breaks down slowly, so it
won't kick in for the plant right away.  I usually
put it in my containers 6-8 weeks before plant-out
to give it a head start.  How about some Cal-Mag
solution also while it's breaking down? Or some
other more rapidly available calcium supplement.

I think your plants are looking great! Whatever you do, don't over think the nutrients. I'm sure a good quality all rounder would do just fine. It could also be to do with light and may not require fixing.

Here's my crazy Fatalii Yellow from last season that apparently will not go quietly into the night. When all the other plants finished producing and stopped flowering, I tossed them. I don't have room to OW that many. I set this Fatalii out with them and it suddenly started flowering again .. like lots of flowers. So I got it back inside before the next freeze. That was probably Oct. It kept flowering, lots just falling off, and then started setting peppers. I wasn't sure it would pollinate by itself, but it did. Now it has at least 12 peppers, some quite large. Very exciting!! It's across the room from the HPS light so is mostly getting the T8 light, but is looking and producing wonderfully.

FullSizeRender 12.jpg
FullSizeRender 13.jpg

Wow, another great week of growth. Look at the size of the leaves on this Bahamian Goat! Just over 8 weeks from seed. I'm 6' 2" and have big hands!  ;) Just saying!

And the dense growth at the top of the Star of Turkey is awesome.

FullSizeRender 14.jpg
IMG_1464.JPG

Back