vendor smileyguy697

Way overdue on this.  I picked up 5 x SFRB from Mike last week at a great price.  When my MFRB arrived it was jam packed with the boxes I picked along with a BUNCH of additional peppers, jam and taco sauce.  Sadly he kept me pulling seeds all week long and now going back through my list to see which other seeds have to be bumped from next years grow :)  Great transaction and he labeled every pepper which I know is a PITA to do.  Its nice to frequent a forum that has members who always seem to go out of their way to help.

20140907_220812_zpsjwpnwcce.jpg

Extras
20140905_130328_zpsyh1xyoj5.jpg

bondgirl69 said:
We need more info than that... :party:  like what tasty things will you be doing with them?
Mostly I'm going to be fermenting them. I should add that from the 5 boxes of just one kind of pepper, I gave two of my coworkers some of each, so they could save seed and try them -- so the boxes don't look quite as full as they really were.

I also received a mfrb from Mike that I'd ordered during his last amazing sale a couple weeks ago. Each box was jammed full and bulging at the seams just full of pods. Every pod was in perfect condition, there was not a single one that was molded or soft. When shipping fresh pods some damage or pods that are molded/soft can be expected depending on the temps/weather and how well USPS handles the package so I was surprised that every single pod looked like it had been picked only a few hours ago. I wish that I could've posted pics and shown just how great everything was but unfortunately my laptop has seen better days and is damn near impossible to hook digital cam up to and I don't own a smart phone. Saw this and wanted to add my great experience with Mike anyway and would and will order from him again whenever I see something I like or want. Hopefully I can replace this piece of crap laptop before next growing season since I'd love to do a glog as well as post pics of pods I've bought from great people like Mike.

Oh and I'm in the process of turning most of the pods into powders after I pulled out all of the placentas (have been saving all my pod placentas all summer for super powder). The rest went into the freezer to be used for sauces, cooking or ferments when I get some proper fermenting gear.

I met Mike a few days ago, and was able to sample peppers from his garden, as he handed me a box and some Wal-Mart bags and told me to start picking what I wanted. I could not begin to tell you what most of the peppers I ate were, but they were HOT and GOOD!
I was finally able to taste a reaper. OMFG what a ride, Nice almost citrus flavor then the real ride began.
Although he never did label the peppers I picked. Guess I need to give him a hard time about that.
He also gave me a Reaper Plant he said he was not planning on over wintering. Thanks again Mike!!

Got my MFRB of MoA Bonnets and Bahamian Goats from Mike today. Nice fruity, sweet smell hit me as soon as I had the box open, made me want to try some on the spot!  :drooling: These crappy phone pics really don't do justice to the colors of the pods, but here they are anyway:

MFRB%20Bonnets_zpsa8mdydei.jpg

The bonnets.

MFRB%20Goats_zpsmhgnfxw9.jpg

The goats.

Bahamian%20Goat%20Scorpion%20pheno%20and%20MoA%20Bonnet%20Bhut%20pheno_zpsvhxxsfm3.jpg

A couple of interesting off-pheno pods from the box. A "scorpion shaped" goat and a "bhut shaped" scotch bonnet! I plan to save the seeds from these two pods just because I think they are cool. I would love to have some "bhut shaped" scotch bonnets growing in my yard!  :cool:

Almost forgot the most important part. Yes, I tried a pod of each variety right away and they were both damn tasty, just like MoAs and BGs should be. So needless to say, I am one happy chilehead today. Thanks Mike!  :)

Back