• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense smoking a jolokia?

anybody ever try this?sounds like a good idea.if u could bear to deseed these i think they would be an awesome pepper for the smoking.when i grow these this year i will let u know cause im gonna try it and make my own sauce to baste them in.kinda like the chipotle in adobo sauce.

I tried smoking jolokias one time.
Could never keep the damn things lit, though.
rim-shot-johnny-utah.thumbnail.jpg

Skydiver said:
I tried smoking jolokias one time.
Could never keep the damn things lit, though.
rim-shot-johnny-utah.thumbnail.jpg

You beat me to it, I was gonna tell him I could never get the darn things to stay in the paper. Truth be told, I've never actually been in the same room with a jolokia pepper. I am going to change that this year though when I plant my seeds!!!!!

Ok im sorry they won't answer you. People here have a habit of that. Yes they can be smoked and they aste great on food. I ike all chinenses smoked apple,hickory,maple whatever they are all great. Sounds like an interesting but tasty sauce!

sorry john.. no i have not but it sounds interesting let us know what they like and post pic's we LOVE pic's on here man!! cheers

It can be good, and it can be bad. Don't over smoke. That's where it goes band. Lightly smoke the jolokia.

A good sauce is Smokey Jolokia Original.

I've smoked a lot of nagas, but they're definitely not my favorite smoked peppers. Personally I always seem to prefer brown chinenses, scotch bonnets, and jalapenos for smoking

Back