• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Snake chili bites again!

I gave a Naga to a friend to take to a factory job today. He had a pepper head co-worker wanting to eat one. Anyways....very impressive display of heat tolerance if you ask me.

Permission to cross post :)

Just happened! It was hilarious. It wasn’t the guy I was mentioning, he $#@!#$ out, but I found another pepper lover. He actually had a bandana on that had peppers on it. Instant hiccups, didn’t drink anything, just kept eating his roman noodles. Still saying it was hot after 30 mins. He had no clue what he was getting into and as soon as he bit into it and started chewing it I told him that he just ate the hottest pepper known to mankind. He had to hold his neck and throat because it was so hot. With the first bite he got 90% of it, he missed the seeds up at the top. He laid it in his noodles and I’m sure it made them hot as hell while he was finishing them. He’s going to eat the rest later, he actually liked it and took it like a man. Didn’t wave his had at his mouth or take any deep breaths.

RJ have you tried one to confirm the heat? The cooler weather we had may have toned them down a notch or two.

Patrick,

I did try them on a number of occassions. Very hot, hotter than any hab I've ever had, but your right I don't think the scoville's are as high as they could be due to the cooler weather.

I've used some in fresh salsa and anything that gets within 4 inches of a piece turns hot so that is hot enough for me.

Back