• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Snake Doc's Grow Log 2010

Some shots from above....yes I only have 12 plants. I really don't know how some of you handle 50-200 plants!

IMG_1801.JPG

IMG_1803.JPG

If the holes were in the leaves when you got them then I wouldn't worry about it. They certainly do not look like any type of holes caused by bugs. The edges are too ragged.

Your plants are looking good, I wouldn't worry too much about them.

I actually tapped my peppers while holding a white piece of paper underneath and found a couple of spider mites. I sprayed some oil soap diluted in water on them, hopefully this treatment for a week will get rid of them completely. Thanks again for your help guys.

Thank you AJ for idea of shading my peppers.
IMG_1826.JPG

Thanks to Hawaiian Al for the calcium phosphate recipe

IMG_1828.JPG

IMG_1827.JPG

IMG_1833.JPG

It would appear you didn't blacken the egg shells enough; you need to really go for it. 90+% need to be black to get the best results. Cheers.

It would appear you didn't blacken the egg shells enough; you need to really go for it. 90+% need to be black to get the best results. Cheers.

yup, they gotta be black as black can be. almost ash.

Ok... I tried some of my white habs and they are definitely not hotter than the jalapenos i buy at the store. What gives?! Pics to come soon...

IMG_1988.JPG

Fatalis

IMG_1990.JPG

More Fatalis

IMG_1994.JPG

Red Savina Habanero

IMG_2003.JPG

The whole gang

My Trinidad Scorpions haven't had any fruit yet and are just starting to flower.

Is there anyway I can speed things up? I'm afraid they won't be ready before the frost comes.

Your Bhuts don't look wrinkly enough so I'm thinking Fatalii. Wait until they ripen, that should help ID them--color, skin, flavor and heat.

The only way I'm aware of to try to get your plants to produce and pods ripen quicker is to use a fertilizer with a high second number, ie., high phosphorus.

Best of luck to you SnakeDoc.

Just tried my first Bhut....why did I do that? WHY WHY WHY WHYYYY. I can't feel my mouth....at the same time I like it. LOL

Just tried my first Bhut....why did I do that? WHY WHY WHY WHYYYY. I can't feel my mouth....at the same time I like it. LOL

So...looks like 12 crops is good enough for me. I really don't see how other people handle 200+ plants. My Scorpions refused to bloom btw...=\

Back