• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

SnF's Feastival!

NOTE:  tinypic previously hosted my photos.  They have closed after they were purchased by photobucket as news corp pushes people to pay for photo hosting.  I'll be replacing images here as I'm able.  Check out post image dot org for free photo hosting in lieu of pay sites...

Last night I made some poppers.  

poppers-plated.jpg

8oz brick cream cheese, softened
1 lb jalas
2 slices cooked bacon, chopped
4 oz shredded cheese
4 oz fire roasted salsa (home made)

Slice the jalas lengthwise and gut them.  Keep stem on, it serves as a handle.

all hollowed out and ready to stuff!

Mix the softened cream cheese with the bacon, shredded cheese and salsa.  Stir well to combine.

Get a spoon and make with the stuffing!!  Here they are ready to go topped with a bit of smoked jala powder:

And now to the grill we go!

Gently remove the poppers about 20-30 minutes later and plate.

Thanks for looking!

SmokenFire said:
Fried perch, homemade fish pepper tartar sauce, coleslaw, crinkle cuts.  ;)

fried-perch.jpg

Love me some perch! Is that Andy's brand breading?

SmokenFire said:
Recently discovered peruvian chicken.  It's so good we'll be making it once a week for the next decade at this rate.  

On the grill:

Peruvian-Chicken-on-the-grill.jpg

And plated:

Peruvian-Chicken-Plated.jpg
The guys on the weber site have been talking about a Peruvian chicken recipe that someone brought to the Chicago meat up this year. And it looks like you made that on a weber!

Edit: did you see weber is about to release a pellet grill, called the SmokeFire lol

Walchit said:

Love me some perch! Is that Andy's brand breading?

The guys on the weber site have been talking about a Peruvian chicken recipe that someone brought to the Chicago meat up this year. And it looks like you made that on a weber!

Edit: did you see weber is about to release a pellet grill, called the SmokeFire lol

That's Louisiana brand breading, with a bit of my own additions (aleppo flake and some hot paprika).  Got a basic peruvian chicken recipe here, then altered to my tastes.

Also I see weber has been paying attention eh buddy?  :)

Back