• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Snow Day!

I cannot explain to you what the last ten or so days for me has been like, i think i slept maybe three nights out of them. I went out today a little before 7 to start shovelling and around 8 (or 1/4 of my driveway...) i went in and called my school's info line and the campus is closed for the day! I had a midterm at nine and an assignment due at noon, now they're both pushed back, i went back to sleep for a couple hours and when i woke up someone had plowed my driveway for me! I LOVE SNOW DAYS!

GB - I hate shoveling, thats why I have a snow blower :lol: well unless its light snow & small amounts then I'll shovel.

DD - snow is not that bad, in fact I think snow is a better choice than living farther south where it rains/sleet/freezing rain & be coated with ice everywhere, this crap is way worse than snow! I have no problem driving 80-90mph on snow & be in control but on ice thats a different story.

give me all the snow you want just keep that COLD temps & that sleet crap away & I'm happy :lol:

chilehunter said:
GB - I hate shoveling, thats why I have a snow blower :lol: well unless its light snow & small amounts then I'll shovel.

DD - snow is not that bad, in fact I think snow is a better choice than living farther south where it rains/sleet/freezing rain & be coated with ice everywhere, this crap is way worse than snow! I have no problem driving 80-90mph on snow & be in control but on ice thats a different story.

give me all the snow you want just keep that COLD temps & that sleet crap away & I'm happy :lol:

I couldn't have said it better.;)

With snow, comes cold temps.

Both, evil.

Besides, I haven't found a cold/snow hearty pepper to grow. Anyone want to try creating an evergreen pepper hybrid? It sure would save me some time in the spring!

Dude, soer than being down here where it's like 1,000,000,000 degrees out 11 months out of the year....our "winter" is the 2 weeks following new years....and spring and fall are the weeks just before and after...gimme snow anyday of the week

chilehunter said:

I aggree with Potawie...Snow is easy to drive through its the black ice thats a killer..Thats how I rolled the wifes last car..Lemme tell ya...Hell of a ride but Im thinking I dont want to do that again lol.Too bad for a front wheel deive car I kinda liked that one.The new one is a P.O.S. lol

yea I know if theres snow then theres colder temps BUT with really cold temps it cant snow & if it does its not much.

you dont need to have really cold temps to get snow.

driving on snow can be a blast :hell: just make sure you keep in control of whatever you're driving & dont hit anything :lol:

No snow, no skiing.......I'm a skier.

skiing.jpg

well we had snow and sleet that later froze to ice of an annoying consistency. i don't mind the fluffy pretty snow in quantities that don't make driving my echo with no snow tires impossible but we generally get a terrible mix of snow, hail, sleet and freezing rain here, and the temps jump around from just cold enough to snow a whole lot to painful cold where you can't have exposed skin.
skiing is awesome but they have skiing in california. mountains = skiing pretty much whereever you are.

apparently if i just look pitiful and weak enough some big strong man will come and do it for me. feminists have it all wrong, screw empowerment we gotta milk this...

Back