• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

So, I ate a habanero

HotSauceGoonie said:
Never had the pleasure of eating a habanero. I would like to stuff some of them with chinese fried rice maybe and try it.. Any good recipes for stuffed habanero's? My friend said to do it with ice cream and try it.. So you get the hot and the cold going at the same time. Seems like a weird combination but I guess that's why Cold Sweat came about.. Which is not a flavor.. Just all hot sauces and peppers. I called up the shop in NC and they said that its a mixture.. I was like yeah but is it vanilla, chocolate, cookies and cream, etc.. They said no the base is hot sauce which seems disgusting.. Why couldn't they make like a hot version of butter almond, or cherry vanilla etc?

Who wants ice cream that is a base of hot sauce flavor?

Fairway in PLainview sells fresh Habaneros. :hell:

A friend of mine makes great stuffed habaneros.....Just cut in to pieces,filled sheepcheese and parsley,wrapped in ham or bacon.But hey,they are so hot,you can't stay near the grill without coughing.....but they taste great.

When ever I buy them to make my sauce I can't help but to eat 1 or 2 of them ...gotta make sure they are good and hot for the sauce..lol...my wife says I'm nuts and wont kiss me for about 2 days after..lmao...she learned the hard way....I ate one then about 2 minutes later gave her a kiss and boy was she jumpin LMAO,,,she nearly killed me over that one...lol

Ahhh the famous habanero burn that I live for! Of course the real enjoyment is watching a 1st timer chew one up:P It takes awhile to get built up to the pain, but eventually you will and the endorphine rush you get is as addictive as heroin I swear as I can't go a day without my painful fix:lol:

Here's a tip, sure milk and bread do help with the burn, but, the best thing I've found to kill the pain for the habanero victim is to chew up chocolate! I used to contract for the Hershey company and would have candy out the yin yang, and after I dared someone to eat 5 of my carribean habanero's (which he did) he drank an entire gallon of iced tea to find this still didn't help, but as soon as I gave him some chocolate bars it took away the pain instantly.

This leads me to share one of my treats I make with my habaneros, chocolate dipped dried habs! I melt the chocolate and coat a half dried habanero and refreeze, they make delicious treats!

Pepp3rFreak said:
Ahhh the famous habanero burn that I live for! Of course the real enjoyment is watching a 1st timer chew one up:P It takes awhile to get built up to the pain, but eventually you will and the endorphine rush you get is as addictive as heroin I swear as I can't go a day without my painful fix:lol:

Here's a tip, sure milk and bread do help with the burn, but, the best thing I've found to kill the pain for the habanero victim is to chew up chocolate! I used to contract for the Hershey company and would have candy out the yin yang, and after I dared someone to eat 5 of my carribean habanero's (which he did) he drank an entire gallon of iced tea to find this still didn't help, but as soon as I gave him some chocolate bars it took away the pain instantly.

This leads me to share one of my treats I make with my habaneros, chocolate dipped dried habs! I melt the chocolate and coat a half dried habanero and refreeze, they make delicious treats!
I read somewhere that that's how they used to do the original SHU tests. They took 1 part cap and 15 parts dillutant which was sugar water (don't quote me on that mesurment). Sugar sure does wounders in releiving the pain...and god know's Hershey's "chocolate" bars have alot of sugar. :rolleyes:

i like hot stuff but damn! don't think i would try to eat a str8hab like that...unless i was suicidal or masochistic (which i am not, thank god)
and yes, i DO in fact have lace on my panties.

I usually eat a couple right off the plant once they mature. I've had Savina, Caribbean Red, Chocolate Habs, Chinese multi-color, Orange Habs, and a couple others. The hottest by far were the Caribbean Red. That little pepper took my voice away, tears and nose running, even a fudgecicle couldn't stop the fire.:D (There's a set of pictures on this board somewhere of me eating one.)

People think I'm crazy but ya know, I tell them "it's all about the endorphin's"!

The hottest by far were the Caribbean Red. That little pepper took my voice away, tears and nose running, even a fudgecicle couldn't stop the fire.

I've found the same thing, I love these peppers! I eat them right off the vine and get that crazy endorphin rush while my mouth is on fire, it's so great!! These peppers are great dried as well and I use them in almost all my dishes.

went in the garden and seen my first ripened Caribbean Red hab... I cut it up and put seeds and all on a slice of pizza I had for lunch and it was awsome..now with that tease I have to sit back and wait for the rest to ripen lol

chuk hell said:
Yeah. I ate a habanero on a dare. I'd actually never done that before. I should have known better. 2 of my co-workers offered me 5 bucks each so at least I made ten bucks.

I did not eat the seeds but damn...that sucked.

I could handle the heat in my mouth because I eat hot stuff all the time but what I wasn't prepared for was my gullet being on fire. That freaked me out and I almost started to panic.

After about 20 minutes of being very uncomfortable it subsided and I was treated to some mild stomach cramps for the next hour or so but nearly as bad as what extract sauces do to me.

OK, now I know not to do that again. Sheeesh. My hubris got the best of me.

Who else has tried this? I'm betting quite a few of ya. :(

I just did it for the first time on Monday. I just saw that orange hab calling my name out of curiosity. Actually I really like the taste of it. The heat wasn't to bad until I almost got done eating it. Yes, I ate the seeds too:shocked: I experienced pretty much the same thing. It didn't seem to hot, but my tongue was numb and my eyes were watering a little. That part didn't bother me. What bothered me was my stomach turning and on fire. I ate some yogurt and it promply helped for a while. Several hours later it was acting up again and I drank milk. Seemed to work. Now when I went to the bathroom........:D:onfire:. Not as bad as I thought though.

I pulled an orange hab off my plant the other day and got my 15 year old son to split it with me. I'd ate them before and knew what to expect. Danny handled it pretty well. He says he's goin up against me at a Death Match when he's 18. He thinks he's goin to beat me. Bring it on son, bring it on.

"He says he's goin up against me at a Death Match when he's 18. He thinks he's goin to beat me. Bring it on son, bring it on."

(evil grin)

Endorphin rush

I have a question, how high up does a person have to go on the heat ladder to experience the rush? Do you have to climb all the way to the habanero or will something a little less hot do? I am a beginning pantywaist and have only gotten to the serrano and de arbol and have only experienced some pain but nothing I would consider a rush.

I got in to a bad habit of when I am in the granden to pick a fresh chilie no matter what kind. I have ate Habs (all colors) got same reaction as you handle the heat fine but gut got me too for a time, but what I did Saturday I will never do again and told my wife if I do just shoot me.I pick and took a good bite of a Bhut to the seeds 3 chews and neve got to my gut the heat never let up just kept getting hotter.and still had gut pains for hours,do not even want to talk about the next day.
Dan

LET IT BURN BUT NOT LIKE THAT

eremite said:
I have a question, how high up does a person have to go on the heat ladder to experience the rush? Do you have to climb all the way to the habanero or will something a little less hot do? I am a beginning pantywaist and have only gotten to the serrano and de arbol and have only experienced some pain but nothing I would consider a rush.

Eat about 4 ripe (red) serranos in a row. You'll feel it.

bowhunter said:
I got in to a bad habit of when I am in the granden to pick a fresh chilie no matter what kind. I have ate Habs (all colors) got same reaction as you handle the heat fine but gut got me too for a time, but what I did Saturday I will never do again and told my wife if I do just shoot me.I pick and took a good bite of a Bhut to the seeds 3 chews and neve got to my gut the heat never let up just kept getting hotter.and still had gut pains for hours,do not even want to talk about the next day.
Dan

LET IT BURN BUT NOT LIKE THAT

hehe i feel your pain. i ate a whole one yesterday. :P well whole except the last little bit where the stem is. i posted some pics in that pepper pwnge thread in the peppers section.

Back