• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense So I give a guy I know one of my Scorpions to try.

Did you watch him eat it? If not, then He is Lying about eating it. OR Maybe it was just an early pod. Some don't pack a punch till later in the season. Or he is actually a bird. :)

Did you watch him eat it? If not, then He is Lying about eating it. OR Maybe it was just an early pod. Some don't pack a punch till later in the season. Or he is actually a bird. :)

I agree with DarkTrak. I had one which was a butch t scorp early in the year when it was kind of cool and it didnt have much punch. Later on they heat up big time.

I haven't seen them do it, but have seen the damage. I have lost 2 bhuts, a choco hab, black naga, trinidad congo, and a caribbean red to birds so far this year.

jacob

I have to say in my experience this year the hottest pepper I have eaten was a Naga. The T Scorp I had was no where near as hot. Also had another pepper that really surprised me because it didn't taste hot at all in my mouth but my lips had a nice long burn...Weird. I guess it's either the "early pod syndrome" or just that everyone is a bit differentand therefore pods will hit them differently.

If your T. Scorpion peppers aren't hot then something is wrong. The mildest one I've ever grown was so hot I could hardly eat it.

Alan

And he says its kind of spicy but not too bad? WTF is going on with that?

He didn't eat it. I've had this happen many times. I've given peppers such as Fatali or Bih to people and then they claim that they inhaled it no problem (in their own house with nobody else to witness it). These same people then eat a cayenne or serrano at my place and are then screaming in pain asking for milk. Liars, all of them. :lol:

If your T. Scorpion peppers aren't hot then something is wrong. The mildest one I've ever grown was so hot I could hardly eat it.

Alan
Exactly! I've never seen a mild Scorp. My wifes family (Laotian) have been eating a steady diet of peppers since childhood and their outlook on chilies changed dramatically when I introduced them to Scorpions and 7 Pods

My Scorpion plant is a Butch T plant as well and the guy I gave it to was Laotian too. I did not see him eat it though so I m thinking he might be lying. I am tempted to give him another one and share the experience with him to see what happens.

My Scorpion plant is a Butch T plant as well and the guy I gave it to was Laotian too. I did not see him eat it though so I m thinking he might be lying. I am tempted to give him another one and share the experience with him to see what happens.

Might as well video tape it too. Because if he eats it and does not flinch than he is a God among men.

You have to give him another one and be there to see it for sure. I'm sure the result will be different. :mouthonfire:

One of the guys in my woodworking club is from South Africa and was complaining about not finding any really hot peppers. He likes the hot sauces at a local sandwich franchise cause they carry 80 or so hot sauces, but he can't find any HOT peppers. So I took him a Bad Datil (they're hot- but no flavor) at a club meeting and told him he had to eat it in front of the club. He did, and lasted about 15sec before he let out a "Thats Hot!" and gulped down his water. He says "no thanks, those buggers are Hot!" now when I offer peppers.

I'ts like the "no pictures, didn't happen" rule.

I gave a friend an early dorset naga pod as well. They didn't have much heat. I've got a bunch growing right now and I'm thinking of revisiting him to see how it goes. He told me they weren't bad. I did find out that his story about eating the one I gave him, and his wife's story about the very same incident are different though ;)

We have to go to a construction jobsite today or Monday. I do have a few douglahs still in the refer...... :twisted:

:halo:

Soooooooo, construction worker, you wanna kiss the pretty lady? Welllllllll, you gotta eat this first and keep a straight face.................. :mouthonfire: :hell: :mouthonfire:

Back