• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

So what do i need??

So all this talk about lights and what not, it gets a little confusing and all.

What i would like to know is this, i have 1 x 4ft double fluro fitting, and 1 x single 4ft fluro fitting, and 1 x 2ft double fitting. Now my question is, what bulbs should i put in them?

If someone could please guide me in the right direction, that would be great.

i am only using this little setup to get my bad boys growing once they sprout to about 4-8weeks old and then plant them out.

Its only a little box that it will be in, and will be covered with reflective plastic.

Any help would be great!

Thanks.

Luke

You will undoubtedly get various suggestions. But I have been using, with some good results, Cool White "Daylight" bulbs and keep them as close to my plants as possible.

Pepperfreak said:
You will undoubtedly get various suggestions. But I have been using, with some good results, Cool White "Daylight" bulbs and keep them as close to my plants as possible.

thepodpiper said:
I second the cool white bulbs.

Dale

Concur...

Thats what I am using Flex...6500ks...if you look on the package, the specifications for the bulbs should be shown....

Just thining, I am using a combination of 6500k and 4100k in each dual shop light fixture...

hmmm, well i just want to give them a good head start in their lives :P So im not sure what to do!! If i go 6500k, or 6500k and the 4100k too?

I only want to get them started in winter, then plant out in spring, so maybe 8 weeks after sprouting?

Flex, buy the cheapest fluorescent bulbs you can find it does not matter which ones, they will grow just fine until you plant them out. Period.

Dale

thepodpiper said:
Flex, buy the cheapest fluorescent bulbs you can find it does not matter which ones, they will grow just fine until you plant them out. Period.

Dale

Seconded.

I buy cheap shop lights and whatever the brightest full spectrum lights are in the display.

Flex said:
ok cool, thanks very much for that!! And Pam, but full spectrum, you mean 6500k? Thanks

Boy are you talking to the wrong person! I use what are called full spectrum or craft light fluorescent bulbs. They have them at Lowe's and Walmart.

Pam said:
Boy are you talking to the wrong person! I use what are called full spectrum or craft light fluorescent bulbs. They have them at Lowe's and Walmart.

lol all good, i will just google that part then, but thankyou for your help :D

I just added another light fixture and shelf to my grow room. I just went to Walmart and bought the cheapest dual 4 foot fixture and 2 cheap "daylight" bulbs they had. That is all I've been using since January and all of my plants are doing fine with great growth.

IMO that sometimes too much info can get confusing. Plus I'm learning to keep it simple.

Back