• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

heat So, What is the Hottest Pepper?

id say 7 pot from personal experince
but i think naga bhut and scorpion all mucho up there.
I'd never eat any of the above whole

stillmanz said:
id say 7 pot from personal experince
but i think naga bhut and scorpion all mucho up there.
I'd never eat any of the above whole

Nooob.

Apparantly from what bent says the Douglah is up there as well.

lol @nova
hope you got a steal colon buddy, the wing comp sauce is gonna light you up.
I've tasted douglah they are up there as well definately.

You will have to drink a bottle for our entertainment Stillz :P I'll throw in ten bucks!!!

Go on, ya know ya wanna.

After my experience on saturday night i say the mighty 7!

Nagas are hot but they dont make your head ring and vibrate with PAIN like a 7.

I would eat raw Bhut ect again but not raw 7 Pod.

Nasty!

Tepin:D
I think this question will continue to come up every year:)
I think the hottest I've tried is the 7-pot/pod with a lot of close seconds.
Edit: Actually I forgot, the hottest I tried was a Trindad Scorpion(BT) not a 7 pot/pod

Bhut Jolokia holds the certification as the world's hottest, but people are now saying that the Scorpion is a contender to breaking the Jolokia's record.

There is also the strain of each plant as it can make a hell of a of difference whatever red,yellow,Chocolate,orange 7pot/scorpion
Or bhutt/morich/assam a uk and company are patenting a shu tester so you'll be able to do it home soon and some interesting databases will be made im sure,if the tester is accurate that is:neutral:

If they have so much trouble with the expensive SHU testing, I can't see a home version being very accurate, at least not in the near future

POTAWIE said:
If they have so much trouble with the expensive SHU testing, I can't see a home version being very accurate, at least not in the near future

Actually its no trouble its just the cost to set the initial tests up..which have be paid,But the tech involved in this is completely different to what has been done in the past.

I mean the troubles with inconsistant and inaccurate HPLC readings, and the fact that results basically need to have Dr. Bosland's approval to be recognized as accurate.
I hope the new tech works well, I'm just a doubter.

Back