• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

So what level is your tolerance at?

What happens when you get to popping Butch T's or Brain strains like candy , whats left after that? just seeing a few of them crazy hot ones make me want to curl up and rock back and forth while staring into space. Pretty soon I may have to have a stomach transplant Maybe I can get one from a goat or a pot belly pig. :hell:

What happens when you get to popping Butch T's or Brain strains like candy , whats left after that? just seeing a few of them crazy hot ones make me want to curl up and rock back and forth while staring into space. Pretty soon I may have to have a stomach transplant Maybe I can get one from a goat or a pot belly pig. :hell:

shameless self promotion lmao.

check out my videos and subscribe,like and comment please
https://www.youtube.com/user/Sladesvideopepperrev

After those you fly down here and I guide you to Rincon de la Vieja.
We cut fresh bamboo straws and put them in the ice carried in your backpack.
Then ? Off to the lava pots !
You up ? I'll film it !

I've got a ways to go. Tried one of my Kung Paos and it hit me harder than I thought it would. Need to start stretching my capsaicin muscles.

I have never been able to taste the heat in a Jalapeño, I honestly thought people were kidding me!
I enjoy a hot curry, and usually go for a Vindaloo or a Phall but only recently have I got into using chilli in my own cooking.
In Mexico, I ate some grilled Habanero left on the buffet so the staff could laugh at the tourists, and they did catch me unawares as I wasn't expecting it but then went back for more, and ate them every day.
Nowadays I put one sliced Naga on my Pizza or a couple in a stir fry. I get them from the local Bangladeshi shop for 10p each (regular price 20p, but I buy a lot and get a discount)
I have not tried anything hotter than that except extract sauces which are difficult to quantify, and have no real taste anyway.

Habs are a little hot to me, I can't detect the heat in most jalapenos, and bhut jolokias range from a good burn to pretty damn hot. Some bhuts are just not that hot.

Wow, i had my first taste of a superhot today.I ate 1/4 of a bhut jolokia and it all most killed me.Im fine with jalepenos and i love scotch bonnets but do find them hot but i never experienced anything like the bhut.I must have drank a litre of milk and my lips and mouth were burning for an hours.

I ate a red bhut off my plant, it was hot but I only had some water. But my brains still wreck me for a couple min. I can eat a half a pod with lunch at work and still function.

Jalapenos? HA! :banghead:

Oopz. I guess I had better wait till the volunteer from last years jalps gets tasted.

Must be the desert sun or residual radiation, cause those were some fiery peppers.

surprisingly higher than I thought. heh

I was under the impression that I was still kind of a wuss, which I don't mind as it allows me to fairly judge my test batches while developing recipes.

that said, what i thought was a pretty mild batch a lot of folks I know found to be too hot. Likewise when i rec'd the gorgeous Jonahs from Judy at pepperlover I was hanging with some friends who enjoy spicy foods, and I was chomping the raw Jonas like candy - definitely an intense heat, but not roll around on the ground crying hot. while commenting on how delicious I found the pepper, my friend looked at me, sweating and beat red and said, "oh, now you're just showing off". :rofl:

but I really wasn't - I suspect since joining THP, doing more trades for hot sauces, and eating more raw pods I've actually upped my endurance a tick. I still find orange habs to be quite sharp/hot, and the Jonah was absolutely hotter than those - but I can eat either raw and not really have a noticable reaction.

that said I'm still not inclined to test my limits. the Jonah just started with a nibble. Then a bite. then I was chopping one up and sprinkling it all over a slice of pizza (which tasted as good as any hot sauce I've ever had on pizza, btw). :cheers:

JHR you heat level is crazy..maybe you should try snorting pepper powder so you can get some kind of pain like some of us do from just eating a sliver of a super hot...
Hay just kidding don't snort any pepper powder:)

Reactions: JHR
The heat always seems to hit me rather quickly and leave me rather quickly. I can eat a super and it peek in a matter of seconds and be fine within a few min. Funny thing... I had the same experience with other things I tried when I was younger.

Did a Trade with a good buddy and another pepperhead great people, any way I have some very very hot peppers and some powder and seeds being sent to me, So I guess its time to man up and try some of those babies, But first its off to get a goat stomach implant.
I think I will bring in my Brother and His crazy son, this time its their turn to go first and I get to set back and laugh then I'll bite the big one and eat some myself. Have to remember to bring my cell phone.

I can handle a Bhut fairly well, so long as I don't get hiccups (an odd thing). That Pure Evil that JHR is touting is quite legit, warmed my mouth, burned my hand.

Back