• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification.

So you want to eat a 4 000 000 SHU pepper

I find it interesting that we are obsessed with the heat of naga/bhut pepper.

The reality is that a regular hab has all the scoville you need to burn the crap out of anyone INCLUDING IGG.
If you want to really burn yourself just use the placental tissue pure.

Since the heat is only contained and produced in the placental tissue all one needs to do is carefully remove the placental tissue from a habanero and use it to make sauce or add to salsa.
In fact a research paper indicated that the placental tissue of the red Savina is rated at 4 000 000 SHU.
That makes it 4 times hotter then a whole record breaking Naga pod!

The heat of a pepper is rated by weight which means the more placental tissue/pod weight the hotter on the scoville scale.

So if you are a complete nut case, weigh a hab pod.
Then proceed to extract just the placental tissue of more habs until you reach the same weigh of the whole hab pod.
Then eat all at once the placental tissue. That would be the equivalent of eating a 4 000 000 SHU pepper.

Come on IGG I dare you to prove me wrong, with pictures of course!

I take no responsability for any deaths.

Its not about pure capsicum heat, we could also eat extract or Mace for heat, but I like taste as well, and yes Habanero's taste good but as far as I understand the Bhut Jolokia taste good as well just with more heat......a lot more heat.

Pepper Belly said:
Its not about pure capsicum heat, we could also eat extract or Mace for heat, but I like taste as well, and yes Habanero's taste good but as far as I understand the Bhut Jolokia taste good as well just with more heat......a lot more heat.

Are you saying that you eat fresh habs with the placental tissue and say damn if only it had more heat?

I haven't tasted the Naga yet so I can't comment on the taste but you would taste the flavors for humm say 3 seconds before all you can fell is the heat.

If you really wanted the taste of the naga, I would think you would try to cross it or remove the placental tissue to remove some of heat to actually enjoy the taste.

mmm, this sound very tempting to try! I'll have lot's of carribean habs ripe in another week or so, perhaps I'll disect a couple dozen and give it a go!

I'll just have to show my wife how to record and post the video of me going into cardiac arrest :evil: :D

ok habman you're not comparing them evenly. for one you're saying to take the placental tissue (insides) from several habs then they'd be way hotter than a naga/bhut. well then what kind of numbers would we get if you took the insides from the nagas/bhut & ate them ? I but even way higher shu than habs. if you want to compare shu ratings between different chiles at least do the same comparison of them using the same parts. using your method the bhut/nagas would rate about 8,000,000 shu.

as for eating the placental tissue (insides) thats the only way I eat chiles, doesnt matter what kind it is, I eat the whole chile ALWAYS! skin/placental tissue /seeds/flesh only thing I dont eat is the stem part.

when deseeding a lot of birdseye pods a few months ago while wearing gloves, I simply sliced them in half lengthways then used my thumb to remove placental tissue and seed in one go. I spread them out on tissue paper on a plate and put them on top of the hot water system which is only just warm. after almost 3 weeks I gloved up again and separated the placental tissue from the seed, the tissue being sort of leathery by this stage.

this tissue was far hotter in comparison to eating regular birdseyes, obviously due to the differences in liquid and volume - very concentrated. I plan to use this technique on my Bhuts later in the year - eat or mash the flesh, save the seed, dry the placenta for super heat. these little bombs can then be used in cooking or for make super hot powder, I think they would go well in a pepper/spice mill.

chilehunter said:
...as for eating the placental tissue (insides) thats the only way I eat chiles, doesnt matter what kind it is, I eat the whole chile ALWAYS! skin/placental tissue /seeds/flesh only thing I dont eat is the stem part.

on the cooking shows they refer to 'deseeding'! this is a media cover up. why don't they tell the truth? it should be called 'deplacentaing'!

deseeding is for wusses!

chilliman64 - I agree with you, if you're a chilehead then you'd eat the whole chile (except for the stem part)
I never really understood the point of gutting the chile or skinning it :D just eat the whole thing!

I agree on eating the entire pepper, excluding the stem. Don't the seeds have some kind of extra healthy benefit or something? perhaps that was just a rumor.

Pepp3rFreak said:
I agree on eating the entire pepper, excluding the stem. Don't the seeds have some kind of extra healthy benefit or something? perhaps that was just a rumor.

I have heard that the seeds will settle in the appendix and dissolve other matter therein, taking away the need for appendix removal. are any chileheads able to substantiate this claim? I still have my appendix and have been a big chile consumer for about 20 years.

chilehunter said:
ok habman you're not comparing them evenly.

you're right I'm not comparing it evenly.
My point was that everyone ( including myself ) is going mad about the naga because it's got a 1M scoville rating.
Yet we have had all along the capability to make insane non-extract killer hot sauce.

chilehunter said:
for one you're saying to take the placental tissue (insides) from several habs then they'd be way hotter than a naga/bhut.

Yep that's what I'm saying. The placental tissue of the red Savina was scientifically rated at 4 M SHU by HPLC. I'm not making this up.

chilehunter said:
well then what kind of numbers would we get if you took the insides from the nagas/bhut & ate them ?
I but even way higher shu than habs. if you want to compare shu ratings between different chiles at least do the same comparison of them using the same parts. using your method the bhut/nagas would rate about 8,000,000 shu.

We would need scientific data to confirm if the placental tissue of the naga is more concentrated in Capsaicin than in the Savina.

chilehunter said:
as for eating the placental tissue (insides) thats the only way I eat chiles, doesnt matter what kind it is, I eat the whole chile ALWAYS! skin/placental tissue /seeds/flesh only thing I dont eat is the stem part.

Ok but will you eat the entire fresh naga because you enjoy them?
I don't think so. You will most likely use them in cooking/hot sauce or powder and that's great because you need less peppers to achieve the heat level you desire.
But you can get the same level of heat by using the placental tissue of habs.

You can try it if you don't believe me :D

I feel like taking this bet if it were not for all teh work involved....

habman said:
I haven't tasted the Naga yet so I can't comment on the taste but you would taste the flavors for humm say 3 seconds before all you can fell is the heat.
Not true. I have trained myself to focus my concentration past the heat to get to the flavor of the pepper for a long period of time during the peaks of heat intensity.

Imagine you see a piece of gold sitting on the petistool (flavor). You see the gold when all of a sudden a wall of fog (pepper heat) fills the room and you can barely make out the faint glitter of the gold. All you have to do it walk through the fog and grab the gold. You can swirrel the fog away and keep it around the gold.

Well, that's how I do it at least....

a man cannot be right after all that probing! the body can only handle so much. just don't antagonise him, avoid direct eye contact, and don't make any sudden hand movements - and if he reaches for his foil hat, run like the devil is after you!!!

imaguitargod said:
I feel like taking this bet if it were not for all teh work involved....

Try it with a smaller quantity.
1/4 naga. It should take 5-6 habs.

imaguitargod said:
Not true. I have trained myself to focus my concentration past the heat to get to the flavor of the pepper for a long period of time during the peaks of heat intensity.

Imagine you see a piece of gold sitting on the petistool (flavor). You see the gold when all of a sudden a wall of fog (pepper heat) fills the room and you can barely make out the faint glitter of the gold. All you have to do it walk through the fog and grab the gold. You can swirrel the fog away and keep it around the gold.

Well, that's how I do it at least....

Wow just wow.

I got a package full of naga last night.
Tried a small piece very nice tasted like an hab but with a small citrusy aroma probably because of frutescen heritage.
I think I'm going to try to eat a whole one....I'm just scared of puking after like you see on youtube.
Man that would be so painful.
must concentrate on the gold....must concentrate on the gold...

imaguitargod said:

IGG - i'd swap the 10 000 odd hits on your other thread to see a single picture of your face when you wrote that ;)

ringlogo_spoon.jpg

"There is no spoon..."

Bwaahahaha IGG you are awesome dude! Your explanation is both funny but yet perfect in design!!

What did those martians do anyway?

bentalphanerd said:
IGG - i'd swap the 10 000 odd hits on your other thread to see a single picture of your face when you wrote that ;)
I was actually completely sober when I wrote that. :lol:

...well...minus the one beer...

Pepp3rFreak said:
Bwaahahaha IGG you are awesome dude! Your explanation is both funny but yet perfect in design!!

What did those martians do anyway?
: bows :

Back