• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil Soil/Fert Question

Hi,

Today I wandered over to the local Organic Garden shop looking for some pro-mix.

They were selling a 3.8 cubic foot bale for $40. Is this normal? High/Low?

I was also talking to the salesperson and they reccommended some ferts. They were suggesting I buy some Worm Castings and Bat Guano.

Any opinions/suggestions?

thanks,
JJ

Seems a little high from here. I paid $29.00 for the same bag this weekend. That's here in North Carolina though.

Pro-Mix BX bales were $29.77 here in Virginia. But another place just down the street wanted $54.95. Both Fairfax County.

$35 a bale at the hydro store right outside of Philly.

Guy told me that you mix-in a specific type of Fox Farm granular fert and your Pro-Mix will be just like Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. I'm a big fan of Ocean Forest but at $22 a cu.ft. just too damn expensive for more than a few containers.

I'll buy my pro-mix bale at the beginning of April.

There's always a huge mark-up on pro-mix, especially in the US and elsewhere if you have to factor in shipping from Quebec. I've been buying it for many years and have learned to shop around and make deals, and I can buy a bale in Quebec this year for $22 CND

Back