• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

sold as a yellow ghost...your thoughts?

DSCN0470.jpg

so I bought this guy at the local farmers market, it just doesnt look like the ghost peppers ive seen its only about an inch and a half what do you all think? Thanks

the pepper fruit is quite smooth and not very bumpy like Bhuts normally are and the leaves also tell its most likely and Annum species like a Anahiem [/b), not Chinence which is the family that Bhuts,Scorpions and Habaneros are in, forgive the generality if your more knowledgable on this subject
you may have gotten taken on this one?, however it should be interesting to see what it is when it ripens, please be sure to post again when it does

hope this helps some and im sure there will be a few more comments coming after mine, im sure someone will be able to shed a little more light on this,

thanks your friend AJIJOE :dance:

the pepper fruit is quite smooth and not very bumpy like Bhuts normally are and the leaves also tell its most likely and Annum species like a Anahiem [/b), not Chinence which is the family that Bhuts,Scorpions and Habaneros are in, forgive the generality if your more knowledgable on this subject
you may have gotten taken on this one?, however it should be interesting to see what it is when it ripens, please be sure to post again when it does

hope this helps some and im sure there will be a few more comments coming after mine, im sure someone will be able to shed a little more light on this,

thanks your friend AJIJOE :dance:

+1
It doesn’t look anything like the ones I grew last year.

You have a C. annuum of some sort, not a ghost pepper
Be extra careful when buying "ghost peppers" Marketers love this term because it includes several different chiles but saves them having to explain it or understand it themselves. A good seed seller will tell you what type of ghost pepper they are selling whether its naga morich, bhut jolokia or another type

thanks guys. i bought the plant from her when it was about this size. i didnt look too much like a ghost pepper plant. I'm really not too worried about it i only payed 2 bucks for the guy, and a pepper is a pepper it will be used in my kitchen some way or another!

Back