• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Solo cup drainage

Shorerider said:
I heat up an old small Phillips/Star screwdriver over the hotplate and use that to burn the holes in my solo cups. Four holes at the lowest point of the cup, and one on the side at the lowest point, just in case the ones at the base clog up. 

SR.

exactly what i do !     :onfire:

FullersFire said:
Should you put holes in trays too? or do you just drain the water in the bottom

No holes in the trays.  That way you can water from the bottom.  Pour your water + nutes in the tray and the plants will pull what they need up through the holes you drilled or melted or shot in the cups.

bpiela said:

No holes in the trays.  That way you can water from the bottom.  Pour your water + nutes in the tray and the plants will pull what they need up through the holes you drilled or melted or shot in the cups.
so you don't use spray bottles to water your plants? just pour water into the tray?

FullersFire said:
so you don't use spray bottles to water your plants? just pour water into the tray?

Correct, let the medium soak up the water. Plus this makes it easier to water then constantly pouring water, waiting for it to soak in, and then pouring more in. 

BUT make sure you take out the excess water from the trays after the plants have soaked it up.

I personally double the cups, first one has a hole, the other not. So when i water them i pour water in the second one and the plant sucks it up so to speak. Works great, just don't put water everyday, let them dry!

blue6demon said:
I personally double the cups, first one has a hole, the other not. So when i water them i pour water in the second one and the plant sucks it up so to speak. Works great, just don't put water everyday, let them dry!
And that works really good. But last year it would have gotten really old changing out 350 cups.

Back