• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Some asshole stole my peppers and tomatoes!!

I grow a substantial portion of my garden in a community garden. People just help themselves to your stuff, regardless of what you do. It's absurd. I've lost more tomatoes, cucumbers and zucchini than I care to think about, because it just makes me mad. Funny thing, last year somebody stole my first Douglah that ripened (it was the first pepper I had at the community garden that ripened) and nobody stole anything off of that plant after that. I hope the bastard popped the whole damn thing in his mouth

Plan A) is a 1/2" piece of plywood with 3" nails sticking up slightly hidden

Plan B)

B04QVsO.jpg

smokemaster said:
Put a sign up that says "Do not eat,Systemiic (SP?) Poison!".

Worked for me.

Damned good advice!

cathee said:

I know :,( I was practically crying my eyes out when I found out everything was missing. I was so proud of my garden too! People suck.  :mope:  :mope:  :mope:

I know its just a silly garden but these plants are like your babies! And it felt like this person kidnapped my babies!! 

Good thing is that if you were this successful once, you've proven your skills are good enough to be successful again. You may not have been able to taste the fruits of your labor this time, but just being able to get fruit all the way to ripen, as a beginner, is great! Congrats in that respect.

The fruit would only feed you for the day you ate it, but the knowledge and skills you have proven will feed you for life.

I do feel fo you, though. Karma will come around, I'm sure

Sorry to hear about that, I know that frustration and anger feeling. Unfortunately there are people like these around us and we just have to finds means to protect ourselves and maybe educate them bastards. I personally catch the thieves a few times, but the thing that irritates me more is that they don't understand the trouble they are doing, it just seems normal to them. 

You can put a dummy camera and a video surveillance sign. Hope you get the bastrad!

Cathee more than happy to send you some seed for next season ... sorry to read your misfortune ... words fail me that anyone could be so callous to steal someone's hard work ...

I know how you feel, someone stole my bicycle a few month ago,and it sucks when its your only mode of fast travel. I too would be willing to send some seeds under the condition you can never reveal what grows muhahahahaha...i don't even know how to activate pm's, but I think you can send one.

Scoville DeVille said:
Not going against anybody here directly but, f**k that. People in need and thieves are two different things. Just because you are going through a bad time doesn't give you the rite to steal. If you are truly down and out, go steal food from Safeway or Cosco, not someone's private back yard with 5 plants, and take EVERYTHING.

Or better yet, if you're in "need"... get a job or grow your own damm tomatoes.

I vote "Best Answer" on the above.

Sorry about the plants, I grow in a 5' by 5' dog kennel, but that's more to protect my dog from the plants. They do lock though and would be a good deterrent.

Quick question: Does the post office still have those stamp vending machines? Sorry for the question, but I have been up in the mountains along time.

Dang... sorry to hear that, but go good to see people offering their crop and seeds.

Not being funny or anything, but thank you for sharing your story and reminding everyone that we need to be vigilant.

If you have a sunny windowsill, it might be worth giving it another go using the Kratky Method. It's hydroponics but as simple as can be (or as complex as you want to make it). Where I live the climate is similar to yours, so every photon from the sun matters and every joule of warmth from central heating count. I have very restricted space as well, but have had some success with the help of a desk lamp over the winter months.

Back