spirits Some cool tequila I got for my Birthday

Well I got heaps of different tequila for my Birthday but these 2 were the stand out. (ones a mezcal but you get what I mean)

DSCF2159.jpg

and the scorpion
DSCF2160.jpg

and my super favourite
DSCF2158.jpg

and the wild man Bents chillied up purified water... I'm quite terrorfied of this stuff
DSCF2154.jpg

No, but i've had fried scorpion before, so i'm guessing it'd be that much better having a fresh one pickled in tequila. I'll have to see if that stuffs available here. It looks delish! Lucky you and all your cool stuff.

Nice looking birthday gifts. I just loved the 1800 types that I've tried but never had the Anejo or even seen the scorpion mezcal.

The 1800 is fairly decent. I've never seen 'Scorpion" before but it makes me laugh.

The best Mezcal I've ever had was "Mescalito"; from the state of Oaxaca it was smokey and smooth.

I didn't even see the scorpion one there. I would have liked to try that, not that I would have known the difference at the time lol.

The purified water tastes like Naga ... I swear i felt more sober after drinking a nip of that on Sunday lol

umm just a question, why would you stuff a scorpion in a bottle of tequilla? you should just send the bottle to me for umm laboratory testing... you know to make sure its safe for human consumption, and it what quantities and the such; its all very scientific I don't want to bore you with the details
here is a shot inside my mobile facilities with my previous assitant
MyfirstTequilashots.jpg

Ahhhh Mexico...

Sid03SVT said:
umm just a question, why would you stuff a scorpion in a bottle of tequilla? you should just send the bottle to me for umm laboratory testing... you know to make sure its safe for human consumption, and it what quantities and the such; its all very scientific I don't want to bore you with the details

Well, send me the scorpion then if you arent going to use it. I won't waste it.

Not a fan of Patron. For the money there are much better Tequilas out there. Patron is all about hype and branding. I think it's owned by John Paul DeJoria, a co-founder of John Paul Mitchell Systems...yeah, the hair products company.

For the money you spend on Patron try some Don Julio, Tesoros, or Heraduro.

Never been much of a Tequila fan (whiskies and bourbons are my vices) but in saying that i have never had what you would call a quality tequila.....

I would be interested in trying something of good quality. I might go looking for some of the names mentioned by Chuk....

You have go me interested!!!!!!!! The misses is going to hate me.....

i dont know if im a true fan of the patron, it was smooth, it was fairly tasty, definately a sipper not a shooter; I havent tried the 1800 stuff have to pick up some varieties from CRAZY BRUCES!!!!! sorry bout that, but people from CT should get it... Im going to CRAZY BRUCES!!!!! this weekend, we'll see what the have to offer

when I was a younger dude the big thing was drinking Mezcal and then eating the maggot (weavil) in the bottom of the bottle. folklore said that it was that tiny little grub that really got you smashed - I always thought it was the bottle of high grade alcohol that you had to first drink to get to the grub.

chuk hell said:
Not a fan of Patron. For the money there are much better Tequilas out there. Patron is all about hype and branding. I think it's owned by John Paul DeJoria, a co-founder of John Paul Mitchell Systems...yeah, the hair products company.

For the money you spend on Patron try some Don Julio, Tesoros, or Heraduro.

Definitely with you on the Don Julio! That's one of my faves. Best I ever had though was El Tesoro Paradiso. I wish I could afford to drink that one more often (its around $130.US)

JayT said:
I wish I could afford to drink that one more often (its around $130.US)

You and me both. I've never had the pleasure but I really like their "regular" stuff... reposado and anjeo.

Back