• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

off-topic Some Holiday gifts

So I'm one not to want let alone expect. The dragon's been chasing me every three to six months now, seems like forever, since my by chance renal cancer diagnosis. And as always like a long lived ritual blood's, x-rays and multiple doc appt lead you to that moment when he looks down and reads the reports. Although this time seemed off, can't really read my docs face. Oh Shit, here it comes, the dragons finally caught me again and for the Holidays. WTF. Doc closes the results, leans over, hand on shoulder and tells me in a cracked voice--we're declaring you cancer free and down grading you from Stage 3 CKD to Stage 2. It's been a couple days now and it seems so unreal that I'm allowed to let my guard down and not have it always somewhere on my mind. And not only is this an unexpected gift for me, it's for my family who has also gone thru this ugly cruel part of my life. My grandson, 2 1/2 gave me a huge hug for no reason as we decorated his pepper plant we grew for Christmas. What was that for I asked him and he just replied, Because.
So these are the gift's I got this year never expecting or ever thinking they may come.
Karma? Don't dispell it. For now----
Happy Holidays to all
IMG_20231221_171723842.jpg

Great news! Take care of yourself and enjoy your Christmas holidays👊💪

fantastic news Wimpy - have a great Christmas with your family with no fear :dance:

That's awesome news @Wimpy69! Love the Christmas Pepper Tree lol. Hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas!

Back