• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Some hot, some not

Granted, the hot cherry isn't a volcano pepper but I brought 4 into work today to have some of the fella's give me their thoughts on heat and taste. My first tasting of a pepper from this plant had a nice little bite with the sweet pepper flavor of a red pepper. Today I cut up 1 of the 4 and felt the pepper had the same profile as the very first pepper I sampled. All the guys agreed that it had a little pepper bite with a sweetness..two guys claimed it almost had a mango flavor :high: .

So feeling proud of my little peppers I took the other 3 over to a meeting to get others opinions. 1 guy who likes a mild pepper was afraid to try, claiming I brought in a real hot pepper. Another guy, who loves heat, cut off a piece and said, "It's sweet, no heat at all." The mild guy then cut of a piece and more or less made the same comment so I cut off a piece and sure enough...a sweet pepper without bite.

I then proceeded to cut off pieces of the remaining 2 peppers and nothing, no bite at all. 1 pepper in particular had a bit of a sour taste and it almost made me think I was eating an apple.

I only planted 1 hot cherry plant (curious about the taste) and it is surrounded by a jalapeno, a tabasco, a zucchini plant, and an heirloom tomato.

Any thoughts?

See if you can post a pic....I also have two types of cherry peppers from Trinidad....one mild and one hot...from my experience, the heat is constant by plant....not much variation that I can detect......I hear that pods will vary......but not sweet to hot.....on the same plant.:....

Dont forget eveyone has different heat tolerance also.....if you have the hot variety......I think its hot for my taste where I cannot eat one pod......I like heat but not extreme.....for me seven pot is the hottest thing I've had to date.....to describe the taste is not simple for me....but I know some others will chime in.

Back