• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics some new Jalabanero pics

cheezydemon said:
Hey Leather, not to undercut your questions, but while you are waiting for a response...

I revived this thread the other day because someone thought that their jalapenos were so hot that they had been crossed with a habanero, even though they still looked as smooth and fleshy as any jalapeno out there.
I brought this thread back to show them the wrinkles this cross left on the pod.
I know that it is theoretically possible for a hab to be so far back in the family tree that there is no visible sign of it, but such diligence and patience to produce such a plant would probably result in expensive seeds or plants that would surely be marked as such. Wouldn't you say?
Jalapenos in my experience get hotter as the plant ages... if you have a plant that's coming from a previous season, you'll notice the peppers to be much hotter than those of a new plant of the same seed. Also I think amount of water, and the time of the day when picked, and weather they are green or red, play a role in the heat level.

Back