• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Some pics from the Ol' man Stillmanz Farm

Its early in the season but we got some things going. Heres a few pics.

A line of the prik kee nu suan excellent large producing pequin type c chinensis not frutescens
dscn3285-48k7o37hx.jpg

Early season Orange habanero pods (my sauce habanero of choice)this plant is hanging heavy lol
dscn3288-48k7o380f.jpg

And a close up of one of the largest O habs I have ever grown
dscn3291-48k7o3855.jpg

It looks like its going to be a good summer
Wait until the fatalii seedlings take off:shocked:

Mick

Looking good Mick. Those few days of drizzle we had sure helped the Habs along. I'll race you to the first ripe Hab for the season :P

First ripe habaneros of the season...sorry bent;)
dscn3292-48mlj3905.jpg

And some of my favourite chillis from the garden.
dscn3294-48mlj397j.jpg

from left to right my hybrid priki kee nu x orange habanero, next orange habanero, jamaican red, and the congo trinadad. the two tiny hot looking peppers at the ottom are my favourite cooking chilli the thai prik kee nu (or rat turd pepper)
Its going to be year of the pepper here at the farm:P

Mick

Looking good stillmanz you've got a lot of habs still to go just on that one branch too? I'll post some new pics when things start changing colour here.
Lets just say my hab-hedge survived the winter & doubled in size.

Cheers to Year of the Pepper:cheers:

prik kee nu "suan" are my favourite cooking chilli and they are seriously hot easily as hot as orange habanero pound for pound. 6 or 7 of those in a curry or stirfry will get you burning.

I grew congo trinidad this year & was very pleased with them (growth & taste) plan on growing them again for next season.
I think their better than normal orange habs, which for me my luck is no good growing that type here.

chilehunter congo peppers have a much stronger flavour too I really like the variety but have trouble using it in my sauce which is why I like the O habs which work better with what I do.
fisting_mayfield those hybrids are some of thehottest chillis I have ever eaten and tasty but yeah real hot.

Mick

This is the biggest one so far this year, and hot jeez, pungent little orange apricot smellin balls of fire. The chilli house gets 12 hours of brutal sun... wait till the fatalii come on.
dscn3308-48ooy390r.jpg

A few pods ripening up in this humid weather
some prik kee nu some of my magic cross, some O habanero and a cherry cocktail.

dscn3328-48smbzx4q.jpg

Back