• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Some sad news

Hello everyone, I wanted to take a minute to share some information that is very important to me and I would like to ask for support from the chilihead community. Last week my wife lost her brother in a car crash. He was 24 years old, a husband, and a father to two beautiful young girls ages 1 and 3. He was the sole provider for his household and his family is fighting to see a stable future while they try and grieve. I really hate to ask for help from anyone, but I know that the chilihead community has some of the nicest people that I have met online. I would like to ask everyone to make a donation through his memorial fund website at www.hancockbmx.com and I would really appreciate if you could pass the story on through your facebook account with a link to the address. I know that times are tough, but if this message goes viral on the internet and if 100,000 people donate one dollar that could change the future for this broken family. I appreciate you taking the time to read this and I appreciate your support in advance.

www.hancockbmx.com

Very sorry to hear - my condolences. I'll check the link and will donate what I can.

While I joke around on this site quite a lot, this is just an amazing reminder of how fragile life is - and how while it sounds cliche, we really should embrace every day & take nothing for granted. :(

My heart goes out to his family.

Very sorry to hear - my condolences. I'll check the link and will donate what I can.

While I joke around on this site quite a lot, this is just an amazing reminder of how fragile life is - and how while it sounds cliche, we really should embrace every day & take nothing for granted. :(

My heart goes out to his family.
I agree and I think that Thomas would agree. We got to hear some notes that he took in church read at his funeral. His first entry was "God wants us to live recklessly for him". He was a great man who lived for his girls and truly appreciated life.

"God wants us to live recklessly for him". That gave me goosebumps.

Lucky dog summed it up pretty well i think, sorry for your families loss mate.

aggh - my work has blocked paypal. I will donate when I get home tonight - from what I've seen online your friend was a heck of a nice guy and well liked in the BMX circles - not an easy task since there are many d-bags in competition riding. it will be my pleasure to contribute to the cause.

Best,

Scott

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that donated to Thomas' Legacy Fund. It has raised over $20,000 for his wife and daughters. I truly appreciate the kindness that you all showed as complete strangers.

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart!

my prayers go out to the family that GOD WILL MEET THE NEED

i know what it is like to lose someone so close and to have children without there biological parents

my niece past away 3/5/11 she was just 21 years old, she left behind a 2 year old girl, whom the entire family now cares for

again my prayers go out to the family

your friend Joe

Back