• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Some seedling questions

Straticus said:
Thanks a lot everyone appreciate your input :) I guess I will head on over to my local home depot or lowes and see what I can get going

HD has shop light fixtures for ~ $9.00 each and the 6500K bulbs are about 6.00 for two....I have bought 19 of these fixtures and bulbs too....

It is the most inexpensive way I could go with as much light as I needed...I have a total of 20 T-12, 40 watt, shop light fixtures with a range of temperature bulbs depending on what plants they are on and 19 of them run 24/7...good thing that is only 2 months a year...

Yea well im only looking for a total of probably 4 lights if even that for about 10 or so plants so that shouldnt be as bad

Another thing to consider with any lighting source is the efficiency of the lamps. Both MH and HPS lamps are considerably more efficient than fluorescent.

Higher lamp efficiencies mean lower long-term costs.

While this may be true, to run 4 total fluorescent lights totaling 96 watts for only 2 months versus running a 400 watt MH light seems like it would add up in the long run, which would only be for a couple of months

Well I ordered a 2 foot 4 light t5 lighting fixture with 2 6500k and 2 3000k lights, because im planning to leave atleast 1 inside regardless or atleast to overwinter a few, so i figured i would get the full spectrum

Straticus said:
Well I ordered a 2 foot 4 light t5 lighting fixture with 2 6500k and 2 3000k lights, because im planning to leave atleast 1 inside regardless or atleast to overwinter a few, so i figured i would get the full spectrum
OK then. just remember to place them close to the plants.

by hook or crook next year Willard, I will have a MH and HPS in my grow box...I assume I can grow year round and produce fruit if I use them...

not with ventilation and cooling...I will have to figure a way to keep the plants around 30C so cooling will be necessary...I may just set up an open area in the corner of the garage for the plants and lights and not have in enclosed...

AlabamaJack said:
not with ventilation and cooling...I will have to figure a way to keep the plants around 30C so cooling will be necessary...I may just set up an open area in the corner of the garage for the plants and lights and not have in enclosed...
Just use CoolTube.

Back