• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Someone here threatened me.

Hot Pepper, I am not new to the seed business.  I am not even really in the seed business.  I grow produce and sell it at the farmers market here.  I seed save to save money.  I put maybe five online.  What are you talking about.  Buckeye Peppers has been around as a dot com for maybe a year and they are seed business.  Do you mean they are a new seed business cause I certainly am not, I just threw some seeds online. I am not some competitor trying to take down Mr. Big.  Where are you getting this stuff?

mcdermott1_thehothalf - I did not say a single bad thing about you or your husband. I responded to a statement by Pfeffer in support of his view that isolated growing is not necessary.

"In support of Pfeffer's view: Video of someone who grows Carolina Reaper seeds for Puckerbutt.  Puckerbutt provided him with Carolina Reaper seeds, he grows Carolina Reaper for Puckerbutt ONLY.  All the [should be THESE] peppers he grows are sold back to Puckerbutt.   Notice how they are grown.  Not in a green house.  Not isolated in any way.  In fact, non-reaper plants growing along side reapers, market with flags, not removed because the pollin has already spread by the time the pods have formed."

Nothign was an attack.  Everything is exactly as the video states.  However, I guess I can see that I should have said "these" instead of "the" where I indicated.  In the video, you husband said every flag is a plant that did not grow true, that is not a Carolina Reaper.  Ths shit happens, it is not an attack at all.  It was a casual discussion until your husband went ape shit thinking I was somehow undermining his something or another.

I was agreeing that growing out in the open, not in a greenhouse is fine.  No matter what Puckerbutt used yoru stock for, they do not grow their seed stock strictly in green houses.  Nor does any major seed producer that I know of.  Not an attack, simply reality.

Now the individual, the homesteader, the small time grower; they need things like the book I recomended if they are going to grow a variety on much smaller land.

So now your husband is going to sue me because I said "the" where I should have said "there"?  OK, that is healthy.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you two?  I didnt trash on anyone.  I just said look, this is how the big boys do it, out in the open.  So the big boys have a temper tantrum and threaten the guy who sells peppers at his local farmers market?  Nice. 

If someone has been trashing on you guys and you are on edge cause of it, OK.  I can dig it.  But it was not me, it is not me, and it wont be me.  Read my posts, I say nice things to people.  I did make a joke about you being a snake and evil, but that was my attempt at humor after someone else said it in jest.

So please stop with this esculation.  I say nice things.  I am not some evil competitor trying to trash on you guys.

ajdrew said:
Hot Pepper, I am not new to the seed business.  I am not even really in the seed business.  I grow produce and sell it at the farmers market here.  I seed save to save money.  I put maybe five online.  What are you talking about.  Buckeye Peppers has been around as a dot com for maybe a year and they are seed business.  Do you mean they are a new seed business cause I certainly am not, I just threw some seeds online. I am not some competitor trying to take down Mr. Big.  Where are you getting this stuff?
WHOA!

Where did I say you were trying to take down Mr. Big? You really DO imagine stuff. I NEVER said that!

And to answer you about me saying you were new to the seed business, you posted this:

ajdrew said:
The Hot Pepper - You getting it freaks me out because you are essentially saying that I just walked into a business of cut throats.  Seriously?  So far, althought there are a few people offering bad reviews, most everyone I have met seem like the nicest folk around.

YOU said you just walked into the biz. Then you said you do farmers markets but...

This is your signature with Internet sales:

From our Homestead to your Home.
Peppers by Mail - http://PeppersByMail.com
Live Free and Blessed Be

So I am not the one imagining things, I am reading your posts. But you are putting words in my mouth.

I tried to help settle this but I guess it didn't work.

I did not read past where you addressed me. I hope you are making up with Mike. You seem to have some issues with interpreting posts, present company included.

Hot Pepper, you want to tell me what I said about his business that is both not accurate and not in the video I was talking about?

“All the peppers we have are going directly to Ed Currie” - From the video.

So let me see if I got this right.  I slandered a business owner by repeating what he said about himself. OK then.  Oh but wait, more confusing.  I go to his profile where he lists his seed & pepper site.  On that site, he sells.. you guessed it Carolina Reaper seeds and talks about pods.  Even in this forum he talks about selling those pods to people other than Puckerbutt.

“we will not be selling reapers in any way, shape, or form to the general public.  Plants, seeds, peppers, nothing”. - From the video

So AGAIN I say what the man in the video says, then he goes ape shit and says I slandered him for repeating what he said.  Really?  Watch the video and please apologize for what you said to me.  I am a nice person who says nice things.  I meant no harm when I repeated what he said about himself. 

It is important to me that people not think badly of me.  Watch the video.  See what he says and please consider apologizing for saying I said bad things about him.  I said what is in the video and it is very clear.

ajdrew said:
Hot Pepper, you want to tell me what I said about his business that is both not accurate and not in the video I was talking about?

“All the peppers we have are going directly to Ed Currie” - From the video.

So let me see if I got this right.  I slandered a business owner by repeating what he said about himself. OK then.  Oh but wait, more confusing.  I go to his profile where he lists his seed & pepper site.  On that site, he sells.. you guessed it Carolina Reaper seeds and talks about pods.  Even in this forum he talks about selling those pods to people other than Puckerbutt.

“we will not be selling reapers in any way, shape, or form to the general public.  Plants, seeds, peppers, nothing”. - From the video

So AGAIN I say what the man in the video says, then he goes ape shit and says I slandered him for repeating what he said.  Really?  Watch the video and please apologize for what you said to me.  I am a nice person who says nice things.  I meant no harm when I repeated what he said about himself. 

It is important to me that people not think badly of me.  Watch the video.  See what he says and please consider apologizing for saying I said bad things about him.  I said what is in the video and it is very clear.

Dude. Ask Mike not me! What do I have to do with a video? And if he said he is not selling reapers to the public in the video, and he is now, maybe the video is old!!!! Like, I can't walk into Macy's and tell them they are not honoring their Labor Day sale. Ask Mike not me! But calling him out like this repeatedly is hurting YOU not HIM! 
EDIT:

That video is from Summer 13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go ahead, and keep on hurting your reputation.

ajdrew - You're making a mountain out of mole hill.. While Mike -did- state such in the video it isn't too difficult to tell that the video centered around that one field and that all he spoke of in that clip was in reference to that particular field. So, yes, it may seem like he was referring to -all- he produces, but he did clarify in at least one of his responses that that isn't the case. Yet, you continue to focus on that, over and over, as if you're trying to get a "You're right" - as if you're trying to push him into saying he's purposely lied in the clip.

Instead of constantly repeating that he's mean, rude, etc, how about simply asking him what he was referring to with that line in the clip, let him clarify, accept and move on. (much as THP just stated)

ajdrew said:

mcdermott1_thehothalf - I did not say a single bad thing about you or your husband. I responded to a statement by Pfeffer in support of his view that isolated growing is not necessary.

"In support of Pfeffer's view: Video of someone who grows Carolina Reaper seeds for Puckerbutt.  Puckerbutt provided him with Carolina Reaper seeds, he grows Carolina Reaper for Puckerbutt ONLY.  All the [should be THESE] peppers he grows are sold back to Puckerbutt.   Notice how they are grown.  Not in a green house.  Not isolated in any way.  In fact, non-reaper plants growing along side reapers, market with flags, not removed because the pollin has already spread by the time the pods have formed."

Nothign was an attack.  Everything is exactly as the video states.  However, I guess I can see that I should have said "these" instead of "the" where I indicated.  In the video, you husband said every flag is a plant that did not grow true, that is not a Carolina Reaper.  Ths shit happens, it is not an attack at all.  It was a casual discussion until your husband went ape shit thinking I was somehow undermining his something or another.

I was agreeing that growing out in the open, not in a greenhouse is fine.  No matter what Puckerbutt used yoru stock for, they do not grow their seed stock strictly in green houses.  Nor does any major seed producer that I know of.  Not an attack, simply reality.

Now the individual, the homesteader, the small time grower; they need things like the book I recomended if they are going to grow a variety on much smaller land.

So now your husband is going to sue me because I said "the" where I should have said "there"?  OK, that is healthy.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you two?  I didnt trash on anyone.  I just said look, this is how the big boys do it, out in the open.  So the big boys have a temper tantrum and threaten the guy who sells peppers at his local farmers market?  Nice. 

If someone has been trashing on you guys and you are on edge cause of it, OK.  I can dig it.  But it was not me, it is not me, and it wont be me.  Read my posts, I say nice things to people.  I did make a joke about you being a snake and evil, but that was my attempt at humor after someone else said it in jest.

So please stop with this esculation.  I say nice things.  I am not some evil competitor trying to trash on you guys.

You are going to need thicker skin, I'm afraid.

At the very least, if you are really SOOOO "nice" ... you are going to have to spend a lot of time laying down that "nice-ness" before anyone believes it, because this is the internet ...

It's at least a solid 35% of the way to 4chan here, and 50% in the lounge forums ...

Come back after some 4chan and you'll be able to hang, no prob ...
b6c.jpg

Super Hots Canada said:
ajdrew - You're making a mountain out of mole hill.. While Mike -did- state such in the video it isn't too difficult to tell that the video centered around that one field and that all he spoke of in that clip was in reference to that particular field. So, yes, it may seem like he was referring to -all- he produces, but he did clarify in at least one of his responses that that isn't the case. Yet, you continue to focus on that, over and over, as if you're trying to get a "You're right" - as if you're trying to push him into saying he's purposely lied in the clip.

Instead of constantly repeating that he's mean, rude, etc, how about simply asking him what he was referring to with that line in the clip, let him clarify, accept and move on. (much as THP just stated)

Even if he did say it he has a right to change his mind or business plan. A simple question would yield an answer but instead he is hooked on this gotcha method using a video from 2013 and continues to piss people off.

ajdrew said:
So please stop with this esculation.  I say nice things.

LOL. Is this reverse psychology or projection? Really man. You are the one escalating.

Quotes from the video:

[SIZE=11pt]“…thirty six of them are not reapers”  - He said they were not reapers growing right there next to reapers.  I said the same thing.
“…but they aren’t a reaper”  - A second time he said the plants growing besides the reapers are not reapers.  I said the same thing.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]“All the peppers we have are going directly to Ed Currie”  - He said all peppers were goign to Ed Currie, i said the same thing.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]“we will not be selling reapers in any way, shape, or form to the general public.  Plants, seeds, peppers, nothing”. - Sells them on his web site.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]“…this is a cut throat industry” - Not the way I do business.  I do not accuse people of telling lies.

Hot Pepper, forum owner I think, accused me of attacking an established seed dealer.  That too is not nice.  I did no such thing.  As the video and the quotes show, I repeated what was in the video.  Then the guy in the video attacked me saying he never said what he said.  Listen to the video, yes he did. 

This is how I do business.  I am nice.  I am not attacking established seed dealers.  I write nice things about them, defend them when they deserve being defended.  I am being accused of doing what MM is doing to me.  I don't do those things.  Here is an example of what I do.  I write "Fan Posts" about other businesses.  Not that I am even really a seed dealer.  I just sell my excess from seed saving.
[/SIZE]

http://peppersbymail.com/ed-currie-fan-post/

So could all of you, MM, MM wife, and Hot Pepper please lighten up.  I am sure you have had some rotten eggs in here before but I am not doing anything rotten.  Stop being so damn mean and seeing attacks when there are no attacks.  Good Lord, am I the only one Zen around here?

ajdrew said:
Quotes from the video:

[SIZE=11pt]“…thirty six of them are not reapers”  - He said they were not reapers growing right there next to reapers.  I said the same thing.
“…but they aren’t a reaper”  - A second time he said the plants growing besides the reapers are not reapers.  I said the same thing.

“All the peppers we have are going directly to Ed Currie”  - He said all peppers were goign to Ed Currie, i said the same thing.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]“we will not be selling reapers in any way, shape, or form to the general public.  Plants, seeds, peppers, nothing”. - Sells them on his web site.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]“…this is a cut throat industry” - Not the way I do business.  I do not accuse people of telling lies.

Hot Pepper, forum owner I think, accused me of attacking an established seed dealer.  That too is not nice.  I did no such thing.  As the video and the quotes show, I repeated what was in the video.  Then the guy in the video attacked me saying he never said what he said.  Listen to the video, yes he did. 

This is how I do business.  I am nice.  I am not attacking established seed dealers.  I write nice things about them, defend them when they deserve being defended.  I am being accused of doing what MM is doing to me.  I don't do those things.  Here is an example of what I do.  I write "Fan Posts" about other businesses.  Not that I am even really a seed dealer.  I just sell my excess from seed saving.[/SIZE]

http://peppersbymail.com/ed-currie-fan-post/

So could all of you, MM, MM wife, and Hot Pepper please lighten up.  I am sure you have had some rotten eggs in here before but I am not doing anything rotten.  Stop being so damn mean and seeing attacks when there are no attacks.  Good Lord, am I the only one Zen around here?

:rofl:

This has become a comedy routine. It's my new favorite show. Brother, you need help.

P.S.
And on the making a mountain out of a mole hill. I was accused of attacking him and making up lies.  I have proven, with quotes from his video, that the exact opposite took place. That his attacks on me were entirely unfounded.  Now I want an apology because it is the civil thing to do. 

You do not let people attack you in public without demanding at least that much. 

Hot Pepper - I forget exactly what you said, but it was like Oh, new seed seller... no wonder.  It really hurt because this is your home and I try to respect it by being nice and civil.  it felt like you thought I was tring to attack someone to benefit myself.  If that is not what you meant, I am sorry for accusing you of it.  You have a nice place here and it is not your job (or shouldnt be) to deal with things like this.  MM said I was attackign him and making things up, I should have posted the quotes imediately and put it to bed.  I am sorry for cluttering up your forum.  You have a very nice thing here.  Something to be very proud of.

Orekoc said: "Why am I having visions of pepper joe and baker?"

Guy, he threatened to sue me for repeating what he said in a video.  From what I can tell in this forum, he is acting like Pepper Joe in the whole lawsuit threat thing.  But you are right, thank you.  I have been over the top with my feelings getting hurt so easily.  I found this forum at a very bad part in my life, confined to a couch mostly.  It is my only social outlet.  Being attacked sent me over the edge.  I apologize to you for making such a muck.

grantmichaels - You are right.  I do need thicker skin.  It was just to be here with so many nice people, then smack, right in the face with a cold, wet, dead flounder.  It really hurt.  I should have just quoted the video back to him right off and reminded him of the things he said.  It was just so much of a shock to have someone jump on me when everyone else was being so nice.  Please friend me, you have very good advice / influence and I could use that right now.  Going threw a lot nearly loosing my feet.

Super Hots Canada - You are right too.  I was attacked and I responded over the top.  I am sorry for muckign things up for you too.  You have good advise.  I am not ready for attacks like that.  Nobody walks up to me and the kids at the farmers markets and starts screaming at me.  I am not used to that at all.

To everyone, again very sorry I felt so hurt and expressed it.  I am going to have to get used to people going off on me like that, even when I didn't do a thing.  The internet is so very impersonal.  Makes it easy for people to attack and forget that words can hurt.  From now on, I promise to just say You are big, you are mean, and your mama dresses you funny.

Back