• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!

these THINGS are all over my leaves in my garden not just my pepper plants my tomatoe plants to someone please help me and tell me how to get rid of them and if they are a major problem please help thanks tyler

DSC03906.jpg

DSC03905.jpg

002-2.jpg

001-3.jpg

i don't know what those eggs are though... could be caterpillar eggs...? dunno... when in doubt... squash them...

White stuff looks like left overs from bugs that changed from larva to adult.

I forget what the bug is right now but it's not a good one.
If those eggs were long ovals they could be ladybug eggs.
I'd put a leaf or 2 in a jar to see what hatches.

those aren't ladybug eggs. LB eggs are yellow but they are long and tubular and laid in a very nice, neat, organize matrix. after hatching the LB casing is left, intact and is white.

those are just ugly, fat and round. they look like eggs left by a caterpiller but since there are nymph casing, we can rule that out. it must be a bug, perhaps stinkbug:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbKEgx7G6o

Those look a lot like lady bug eggs and if they are that's the BEST thing you can have in your garden as they will ensure you don't get taken over by aphids.

ladybug-life-cycle.jpg

In pictures 3 and 4, the "white bugs" are the cast skins from aphids molting. There are two live aphids in the pictures that appear kind of reddish brown. The bloated brown body on the left side of the leaf near the main vein is an aphid that has been parasitized by a small wasp, such as trichogramma. I worked in a greenhouse for nearly 12 years, so I have some experience with these. Unfortunately, I can't identify the eggs in pictures 1 and 2.

In pictures 3 and 4, the "white bugs" are the cast skins from aphids molting. There are two live aphids in the pictures that appear kind of reddish brown. The bloated brown body on the left side of the leaf near the main vein is an aphid that has been parasitized by a small wasp, such as trichogramma. I worked in a greenhouse for nearly 12 years, so I have some experience with these. Unfortunately, I can't identify the eggs in pictures 1 and 2.
what should i do about them

^ about the eggs? Brush them off the leaves, or if there are too many you need to look into your insecticide options for when they hatch. I'd put a few in a glass jar to see what they turn out to be.

Back