• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

something is MUNCHING everything

If possible cover the container with a cheap fine mesh screen (something like a bridal veil) and see if the damage continues while covered. That will indicate your problem is on the plants/soil.

I say it's a hornworm.. start looking around top of the plant and under the leaves as they usually start at top and work their way down..look for black droppings on leaves or around bottom of the plant..if you find one you can just about bet there are several others too..large ones can destroy a plant in 2 or 3 days.

Is there a possibility that you have some sort of insect (leaf cutter bees for example) that would be using it to build hives?

Mate that looks similar to what was happening to my Passion Fruit Vines a few months back, turned out to be Earwigs. They love the new growth over the old, thats why they start at the top and work down.

this is crazy another plant is slowley getting destroyed, they do start from the top it seems what ever it is... and ive been looking every each day every few hours and no caterpillars or worms to be seen ever so it could be ear wigs :/

i have set up a earwig trap also

Hotrod64 said:
Mate that looks similar to what was happening to my Passion Fruit Vines a few months back, turned out to be Earwigs. They love the new growth over the old, thats why they start at the top and work down.

i found out mice have been climbing onto the sides of the container via some bricks near by, so i moved the bricks right away and moved it away from the fence and added a reinforcement and seeing traps and putting poison around the area and then well see how it goes..

2ep691i.jpg

2ufvuqd.jpg

30wxjet.jpg

jiri styles said:
i found out mice have been climbing onto the sides of the container via some bricks near by, so i moved the bricks right away and moved it away from the fence and added a reinforcement and seeing traps and putting poison around the area and then well see how it goes..

LOL, no shit... For the sake of figuring it out, I hope that was it

But for fun, I bet you'd die if you found THESE were the culprits!

African-Giant-Land-Snail1.jpg

GIANTL~1.JPG

Haha, sorry

Back