• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense sore stomach from raw ghost chili on second day

Is it normal for a persons stomach to be sore the next day after eating an extreme hot pepper?

im not complaining just wondering to be safe! :)

Very normal for beginners and not beginners but your body will get used to the more u eat and get immune.
i still cry like a Bit$h lol.

Yes. If i eat a lot of chilies it also wants to burn me tomorrow. It kinda backfires if you know what I mean, lol. Sometimes your stomach needs some rest too, just like your muscles after a heavy gym. But as mentioned, you will get used to it and your tolerance will increase.

sicman said:
yes.

you are asking a question along the lines of:   is it normal for one to have a bad stomach after taco bell or 17 beers,or a dozen hot hot wings.
Yeah i kinda figured that, but just thought id ask anyway since it was my first time to be safe!

I get back pains, bad ones,  for about six hours when I've let my capsaicin tolerance slip.  It was so bad about a month ago I had to leave work early and go home and lay down.  Now I'm back to eating dried bhuts like potato chips.  Cheers.

hotpepperboy21 said:
Yeah i kinda figured that, but just thought id ask anyway since it was my first time to be safe!
LOL If you were REALLY concerned with safety, you should have investigated known issues BEFORE you ate them. :rofl:

After dabbling into the world of Superhot Chilli's, the only pain that I seem to endure is at the start of the journey and at the end.
Some times the end feels like " the end" - aka Johnny Cash "Ring of Fire".

I am sure ones tolerance's to eating hot chilli's increase over time, however one should always listen to what your body is trying to tell you.
Pain is a warning.

Scoville DeVille said:
LOL If you were REALLY concerned with safety, you should have investigated known issues BEFORE you ate them. :rofl:
Haha i don't even care anymore, im hooked on these things now, i want to build my tolerance up, gonna bring dried pods and powders to college when i go!

ikeepfish said:
I get back pains, bad ones,  for about six hours when I've let my capsaicin tolerance slip.  It was so bad about a month ago I had to leave work early and go home and lay down.  Now I'm back to eating dried bhuts like potato chips.  Cheers.

I can relate to bad back pains, just about at the level of the kidneys and slightly higher. One of the worst ones was when I ate half of a primo before leaving work. It was late, I was really tired, and thought it would be a good idea to help keep me awake in my hour commute. 30 min into the ride my gut and back hurt so bad I could barely see and had to pull off the road and hyperventilate for awhile to try and recover. It did however work at keeping me awake.

I've tried to do a few whole pod tests in my Adventures in Superhots journey but for me, they are always a roll of the dice.

You see, with some superhots it seems like instead of eating a pepper pod, I instead ingest Satan's own colon hand grenade; and the results are catastrophic.

I'm not talking about stomach cramps.

I'm not talking about some kind of divine exit burn.

I'm talking about total, scorched earth, intestinal armageddon.  The pressure washer of doom.

The kicker is, I can never predict when this visitation of the anal apocalypse will occur.  Sometimes I can chow down on a ghost chili and the world continues to spin as always.  Other times, well nature's Drain-o fills up my dance card for the rest of the night and the badness ensues.

And I'm talking bad, real bad.  Like a tsunami in the bowl; I may have even voided the warranty on the porcelain.

I swear, Japanese people might have died.

KingLeerUK said:
I've tried to do a few whole pod tests in my Adventures in Superhots journey but for me, they are always a roll of the dice.

You see, with some superhots it seems like instead of eating a pepper pod, I instead ingest Satan's own colon hand grenade; and the results are catastrophic.

I'm not talking about stomach cramps.

I'm not talking about some kind of divine exit burn.

I'm talking about total, scorched earth, intestinal armageddon.  The pressure washer of doom.

The kicker is, I can never predict when this visitation of the anal apocalypse will occur.  Sometimes I can chow down on a ghost chili and the world continues to spin as always.  Other times, well nature's Drain-o fills up my dance card for the rest of the night and the badness ensues.

And I'm talking bad, real bad.  Like a tsunami in the bowl; I may have even voided the warranty on the porcelain.

I swear, Japanese people might have died.
Fucking hilarious!!!  Well written my friend,  well written!

sicman said:
yes.

you are asking a question along the lines of:   is it normal for one to have a bad stomach after taco bell or 17 beers,or a dozen hot wings.
A dozen hot wings ain't shit!  Give me a few beers and I'll go for 30   ;)

Back