• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

SouthernYooper's First Super Hot Attempt.

Ok. So I get a fresh pod from Kaiser and figured.....well I need to try this raw. I just have to. I needed to lose my super hot v-card in the worst way. I was going to do a video but had nobody around at the moment to do so and I wasn't going to wait until tomorrow because I have work on Monday. So I eat a bowl of chili and some potato wedges to give my stomach a solid base to fight the pod of exlax I'm about to try. Now there is no way I was going to shove the whole pod in my mouth. Fricken Thai's are somewhat hot to me these days. So i chopped it in half. The smell was amazing. These things smell better than any pepper I've smelled. Which isn't a lot but still. I was scared though. Lord was I shaking. I finally just said "Fack it" and threw the half in my mouth. Didn't get to taste it too much because I was like "Ok, hurry up and chew and swallow..." The heat started right away. I almost had a tough time swallowing. Got it down and prepared for the battle. Heat was intense. Tongue and back of the throat were ragin. I tried to hold on for as long as possible but lasted about 2.5 to 3 minutes before milk hit the lips. Boy did I get the cap high! I started to giggle almost uncontrollably. At which point, I wish I was on camera. I started pacing around the kitchen. Went outside. Did some jumping jacks. Came inside had a second glass of milk and I was good to go. Still burned like crazy but wasn't going to fill up on milk. Toughed it out and called HP to tell him my achievement. Anyway, figured I'd share that experience with everyone. I plan on bringing some fresh bhuts and/or yellow 7 pods to a local pizza joint to have em make me and a buddy an ultra hot pizza pie. Then I will for surely video that. Anyway, thanks for stopping by.

zachary033.jpg

zachary034.jpg

zachary035.jpg

Awesome!!! Totally worth it right. I love em. Glad you had fun with that. A lot of my friends that I have had try it dont look back on it being a good time or fun at all. I enjoy it no matter how good it hurts. In 2-3 days, it wont effect you any more. Its an eyeopener for sure though.

Congrats!

It was fun. I missed that high that I got from really hot stuff. I'll do it again soon enough. Got some of my Bhut's blushing at the moment.

Its rather addicting isnt it. Next time, now that you have experienced it, just grab a little piece, and chew on it for 30 seconds or so and enjoy the flavor. The flavor in them is really amazing if you can bear the first heat wave. Once you swallow it though, its all heat. Then 20 minutes later when you burp, you can taste the overtones and flavor again.

Yeah i'll have to do that. Didn't get to experience much flavor. Thanks again though. I want all my peppers to smell as good as these smell. :)

way to pop "it", Yooper! It's just to tempting to not do it, isn't it?
:mouthonfire: :woohoo:

Congrats! The bhut has a wonderful flavor to go with the heat. A great pepper IMO. Oh yeah, just love the cutting board there. GO BLUE!!!!! God I hope we have a better year. We'll find out in a few weeks I guess.

jacob

Yes it is very tempting. I need to do a smaller piece to enjoy the flavor. Yeah Jacob, let's hope and pray. I don't want a season where we lose to Appalachian State. After this though I'm really scared to try my 7's.......yikes.

Good stuff Yooper! Everyone needs a good ass wooping once in a while from a superhot. Like myself tonight. But i have to ask. Your from South Carolina and you have a Michigan State cutting board. Whats with that?

And you too Jacob? Go blue?

Haha. That is actually University of Michigan. Wolverines not the sparties. I was born in Ypsilanti which is between Ann Arbor (home of the Wolverines) and Detroit, just minutes from Michigan Stadium. Even though I moved away a long time ago, it is still home in my heart.

As bad as losing to App St was that was a fluke and we didn't take them seriously. They played with heart, we didn't. Kudos to them. The part that infuriates me is the playing with absolutely no discipline the last 2 years. It was the fundamentals that have been killing us more than anything: fumbles, missed tackles, dumb penalties........but enough hijacking the thread.

I feel that if you are going to grow them, you might as well try them at least once to get the full effect. But I gotta warn you, the 7's I have tried are all hotter than the bhut's I had. I have sampled the generic 7, brain strain, jonah, primo, and yellow so far and they are all brutal. Which ones you have going this year? I should have a few more for you to try later on if you are interested.

jacob

Haha. That is actually University of Michigan. Wolverines not the sparties. I was born in Ypsilanti which is between Ann Arbor (home of the Wolverines) and Detroit, just minutes from Michigan Stadium. Even though I moved away a long time ago, it is still home in my heart.

As bad as losing to App St was that was a fluke and we didn't take them seriously. They played with heart, we didn't. Kudos to them. The part that infuriates me is the playing with absolutely no discipline the last 2 years. It was the fundamentals that have been killing us more than anything: fumbles, missed tackles, dumb penalties........but enough hijacking the thread.

I feel that if you are going to grow them, you might as well try them at least once to get the full effect. But I gotta warn you, the 7's I have tried are all hotter than the bhut's I had. I have sampled the generic 7, brain strain, jonah, primo, and yellow so far and they are all brutal. Which ones you have going this year? I should have a few more for you to try later on if you are interested.

jacob

Oops! your right not Michigan state(Spartans) University of Michigan my bad!!! forgive me. Wait till you try the Madballz jacob! Insane!

Right on SY!!! Glad you enjoyed it. Can't wait to see the video of the superhot pizza...and don't forget...GO BLUE!!! HAIL to the VICTORS!!!

Good stuff Yooper! Everyone needs a good ass wooping once in a while from a superhot. Like myself tonight. But i have to ask. Your from South Carolina and you have a Michigan State cutting board. Whats with that?

And you too Jacob? Go blue?

I was born and raised in Houghton, MI. In the Upper Peninsula. About 4 hours north of Green Bay, WI. I moved here 5 years ago.

Jacob, I am growing red 7's, yellow 7's (from HP), and douglah's. I have a t. scorp seedling that has it's true leaves and ready to rock. Obviously not getting pods of it this season but I'm going to take a whack at over-wintering it. Or just growing it in a window sill see what happens. I don't plan on trying a full pod anytime soon. It was hard enough as it is doing a half a pod. But I am using the other half to do a 1lb. 4 horseman burger today. :) Pictures will be included of course.

Go Blue! (I went to grad school over there).

All these tasting pics and stories are making me want to try my hand at this whole raw pepper eating thing.

Good job homie! These things are like Pringle's...once you pop, you just cant stop!!!
Like I told ya on the phone, wait until you try them yellow 7's! AND the Douglah's!!! YOU, sir, will have a HOT POOPER!!!

Back