• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

⌘ Spicegeist 2013 ⌘

Today we were walloped with a snowstorm in Southwest Virginia and since I was taking some pics of the snow I thought I'd also get started with sharing my pepper progress.

My 2013 selection:

C. chinense
Red Bhuts
Yellow Bhuts
Choco Bhuts
TS Morouga Blend
TS Butch T
7 Pot Barrackpore
7 Pot Brain Strain
7 Pot Yellow
Choco Hab
Morado
Pimenta Morango
Yellow Congo
Pimenta da Neyde
Cumari do Para

C. annuum
Sonoran Chiltepin
Vietnamese Tear Jerker
Peruvian Wild
Armac Chiltepin

C. galapagoense
sp.

C. chacoense
CAP 501

C. praetermissum
Cumari Pollux

C. baccatum
Uba Tuba

C. frutescens
Indiana Pequin
Duke Pequin
Donne Sali
Ekirike
Guam Boonie
Aji Chuncho
Piri Piri
Lotabih
Tabasco

C. parvifolium
sp.

C. pubescens
Rocoto Inca
Dino Pod

Crosses
Choco Bhut x Douglah F1
Queen Laurie (C. baccatum) x Yellow Bhut F1
Aji Cristal (C. baccatum) x Brain Strain (C. chinense) F1
Sonoran Chiltepin x 7 Pot Barrackpore F1
CAP 501 (C. chacoense) x C. chinense F1
Pimenta da Neyde x Bhut F1 and F2
Douglah x Butch T
Aji Cristal (C. baccatum) x Cumari Pollux (C. praetermissum) F1
Locato x CGN19198
Florida Wild x C. chinense F1
Duke Pequin x Pimenta da Neyde
Duke Pequin x Bhut
Wiri Wiri x Bhut

Outside today:
IMG_20130117_165927.jpg

Pots for later on:
IMG_20130117_170321.jpg

Pimenta da Neyde x Bhut F2... I wasn't counting on purple being so dominant here, will have to pick a few from these to grow out:
IMG_20130117_172447.jpg

Here are some of my 2013 treasures.

I was able to start four C. galapagoenses (they didn't all come up on the same date):
IMG_20130117_172339.jpg

IMG_20130117_173029.jpg

IMG_20130117_172955.jpg

IMG_20130117_172903.jpg

Some special crosses I made in 2011:

Aji Cristal (C. baccatum) x Brain Strain (C. chinense) F1:
IMG_20130117_173255.jpg

Queen Laurie (C. baccatum) x Yellow Bhut Jolokia (C. chinense) F1:
IMG_20130117_173357.jpg

Killer looking babies, plants and starts … great photography as well, will be interesting and mucho luck in 13 :)

I only had a handful of pods before I had to bring it inside to finish ripening. I was lucky to get a pretty decent harvest from that one plant . . . . . .about 1/2 oz. of powder :rofl:

Yep, last year and this year so far, crazy :crazy: weather.

So far I don't think it's been working in my favor, longer growing season, but without the cold seems to mean more pests...

Killer looking babies, plants and starts … great photography as well, will be interesting and mucho luck in 13 :)

Thanks WG!

I only had a handful of pods before I had to bring it inside to finish ripening. I was lucky to get a pretty decent harvest from that one plant . . . . . .about 1/2 oz. of powder :rofl:

I had to bring mine in to finish ripening too, I think I got 2 or 3 pods off of it :tear:

But these new plants are looking good. My theory right now is that because they are wild, they are also variable, so you just have to keep trying seed until you hit the jackpot.

Quite interesting crosses you have made. Will be watching for sure.
That's for sharing!
The snow fizzled out before making it here. Going to have some icy conditions in the morning, but that's the worst of it. Stay warm and safe.

Best of luck for the season SG!
Amazing list, Queen Laurie x Yellow Bhut cross sounds yummy!
Also very curious about Chiltepin x Barrackpore outcome :)

Cya

Datil

Great start Charles !

I'm looking forwrd to checking out all those crazy crosses and the wilds that you have growing.....have a progressive 2013 !.............

Greg

Thank you gents.

Here is another one of my crosses I am particularly excited about.

Aji Cristal (C. baccatum) x Cumari Pollux (C. praetermissum) F1

Plant #1
IMG_20130118_101358.jpg

Plant #2
IMG_20130118_101211.jpg

IMG_20130118_101336.jpg

Even though they're trying to flower, there really isn't enough light for them to develop at this point... a couple more months....

wow Charles those leaves are hairy... Gonna be an interesting cross...

Yeah and the flowers haven't fallen off, so maybe I'll get some early pods on this too... no idea what to expect since the fruit of the parents are so different from each other.

3/5, that's quite nice... beautiful shot!

Healthy looking plants bud! Gets me interested in doing some crosses this summer too.

May as well... although I'm thinking after this year I may quit the crossing, I don't really intend on growing all of them out and then stabilizing. Maybe I'll just distribute F2 seed as much as I can and leave it at that...

Great looking seedlings. I wish mine would get its second set of leaves. I think my oldest are about a week old. I forgot to write down when they sprouted

Back