• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Spicegeist 2016 (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yes, I said I was going to scale back to maybe even nothing.  But, this is just not going to happen.  I love peppers, love growing them, watching other people grow them, developing new crosses, eating them, talking about them, and yes, I even enjoy some drama from time to time ;)

Here's my tentative grow list for 2016:

C. annuum
Chiltepin x C. galapagoense
Brown Chiltepin
Yellow Chiltepin
Chiltepin Tarahumara
[[Chiltepin x Chintexle] x C. galapagoense] x Negro de Valle
[[Chiltepin x Chintexle] x C. galapagoense] x Chiltepin
Chimayo (two different seed sources)

C. frutescens
Donne Sali
CGN 17020

C. chinense
Smooth Brown Bhut
Bumpy Brown Bhut
Red Bhut
Naga Suomi
Naga Suomi x [Choco Bhut x Douglah] F2
Pink Tiger
Pimenta da Neyde
Red Bhut x Choco Bhut
Naga King
Dorset Naga
[Bhut x Seven Pod Moruga] x Guwahati Bhut F2
[[Bhut x Seven Pod Moruga] x Guwahati Bhut F1] x Choco Bhut
Assam Bhut x [[Bhut x Seven Pod Moruga] x Guwahati Bhut F1]
Impact Bhut
Naga Suomi x Pimenta da Neyde F1
Scotch Bonnet M of A

This year I grew out two plants grown with seed from two different ripe Thai Hot peppers I bought at the supermarket.  One turned out to be a cross and it is really delicious!  Judging from the looks of it, I'm guessing it's Thai x Serrano.  I'll probably grow out some F2 plants in 2017:

Here's a shot of the plant:

Here's what the other plant looks like for comparison, pretty sure it grew true:

Love the profiles of the Impact and GuwaX Bhuts. I saved some seeds from a pod Rick sent. It was tasty and looked classic. I also have seeds from Justin that are White Bhut. So I have two Bhuts to work with next year. Back to the roots. The Bhut Jolokia doesn't get the credit it should. It started all the hype with worlds hottest. It's more than a hot chile.

It's been getting cold around here. I have some plants in a little privacy area similar to yours. I don't get as much of a breeze. That seems to be what freezes mine every year. I have sheets, I can throw over them if I want. I have one in peticular that I've been pampering. It's come inside to warmth and a little extra light from the kitchen. I don't have any fruit on them. In the past I've made a makeshift 4x4 greenhouse with a regular light bulb at night. Was enough to harvest remaining pods with out frost.

Good luck Charles.

Thanks for sharing.

Chuck

OCD Chilehead said:
Love the profiles of the Impact and GuwaX Bhuts. I saved some seeds from a pod Rick sent. It was tasty and looked classic. I also have seeds from Justin that are White Bhut. So I have two Bhuts to work with next year. Back to the roots. The Bhut Jolokia doesn't get the credit it should. It started all the hype with worlds hottest. It's more than a hot chile.

It's been getting cold around here. I have some plants in a little privacy area similar to yours. I don't get as much of a breeze. That seems to be what freezes mine every year. I have sheets, I can throw over them if I want. I have one in peticular that I've been pampering. It's come inside to warmth and a little extra light from the kitchen. I don't have any fruit on them. In the past I've made a makeshift 4x4 greenhouse with a regular light bulb at night. Was enough to harvest remaining pods with out frost.

Good luck Charles.

Thanks for sharing.

Chuck

I do love the bhuts.  Rick grew Guwahati Bhuts, but I don't know if I sent him GuwaX seed... I did share F1 or F2 seed with a few people, but I forget who...

Back