• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Spicy Chicken’s 2011 Grow Pictorial History

You my friend are living the dream!!!

I have been hanging in there. got a new baby girl thats been keeping me occupied.
Your raised beds are a great idea.
By the looks of all those plants hanging....You are gonna be a busy man for a little while.

Oh yah and Nice Artic Cat!!

You my friend are living the dream!!!

I have been hanging in there. got a new baby girl thats been keeping me occupied.
Your raised beds are a great idea.
By the looks of all those plants hanging....You are gonna be a busy man for a little while.

Oh yah and Nice Artic Cat!!

Glade you doing well and a big congradulations is in order.:dance: Getting enough sleep?:rofl:

This is absolutely amazing Spicy Chicken! Thank you for showing us your wonderful photos and providing inspiration! You're living the dream! :woohoo:

HI mate , they are one of best photos iv seen , your property is to die for , what a wonderfull part of the world you live in ,keep posting your photos as they are a joy to look at.

This is absolutely amazing Spicy Chicken! Thank you for showing us yourwonderful photos and providing inspiration! You're living the dream!

You’re welcome Kappy my pleasure!

If you liked this one you might find my greenhouse makeover thread interesting.maybe

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/23974-spicy-chickens-grow-room-and-greenhouse-makeover/

HI mate , they are one of best photos iv seen , your property is to die for ,what a wonderful part of the world you live in ,keep posting your photos asthey are a joy to look at.

Kind words Sownseeds, TY.

We do like living here but sometimes can be overwhelming to maintain, I try andkeep it clean of junk so mowing and weed trimming is keep to a minimum.

Wow, that is most impressive farm gardening I ever saw, just great .

Glad you liked it 915Thanks!

Very Nice.

Sow the raised beds are your controlled plants for seed?

Thanks for sharing.

Bill
Thanks
Wow Bill you must have dug deep to find this old thread. lol
Until this year I purchased all of my seed. The raised beds are for the higher demand and special exotic varieties, Not enough time in my life to start tenting things off if you know what I mean. 2000 plus plants can eat your summer and leave you wondering if you had one. :banghead:

Your welcome my pleasure.

IMPRESSIVE :eek: !!!!!

Thanks WD :halo:

Nothing but SWEEEEEEEEEET You are doing a fantastic job, very planed out. I have a question about your raised beds. What size is the tubing and do you have extra drainage holes on the inside of the tubing for watering also? I work at a gas pipe manufacturing plant and I love to try to make me a few of them. You have a fantastic set up I salute you.

Nothing but SWEEEEEEEEEET You are doing a fantastic job, very planed out. I have a question about your raised beds. What size is the tubing and do you have extra drainage holes on the inside of the tubing for watering also? I work at a gas pipe manufacturing plant and I love to try to make me a few of them. You have a fantastic set up I salute you.

Thanks OJ

The 3 inch PVC tubing were from the inside of massive rolls of paper schl. 40 or more but inconsistent in thickness. No holes in the inside, I fill them with water in the spring; the sun heats the tubing and intern the water helping to maintain temps at night, here is a link to another thread, on the first post click ........"my link" ..........and you will find a pictorial of the project.

Cheers, SC

http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/20183-organic-compost-circle-raised-beds-and-hot-peppers-just-add-sunshine/

Hey TFM when you get a chance would you mind sharing some of that weather your having right now, bur its cold here. :violin:

I'm assuming that you are talking about the big totes in the pics below, well I just top water with them, this year I will be going with drip tape in the big garden, but have yet to figure out a way to auto water the raised beds that is both economical and cosmetically pleasing.

I dropped in a blow up pic of the back of the wagon, there you can see wrapped around the back the hose which is attached to both tanks, sitting on top the hose you can see a 4ft wand that controlled by a ball valve, Not as much pressure as would like, maybe 5gpm if the tanks are full.

Water_Wagon0013.jpg

Water_Wagon0014.JPG

I hope that answered you Q. thanks SC

im not sure it might have answered my question. for the round beds made of pipe i can see how that works, you squirt the peppers and they get wet. i'm still trying to work out how you water the big long beds with the black plastic on them with out the water just running off?

When the plants are small I just use the wand to water through the same hole they were planted in and when they get larger I just poke the wand threw the plastic mulch and let the water run underneath. works very well but time consuming for sure.

SC

Back