• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Spicy Crêpe

Had a craving for some crepes this evening, so I did what any sane person would do and I made spicy dessert…

27927_10101164776490699_386477385_n.jpg

The one on the left is habanero jelly from Pex, and the one on the right is Nutella with some scotch bonnet powder from Muskymojo.  
They were both delicious… The habanero one is sweeter and fruitier, if there was a touch of sweetened cheese in there with it, it'd be the perfect little dessert.  The Nutella one is subtle, you taste the Nutella first, then you get this warm feelin' in your mouth…  Flavor there is kinda like a Mexican hot chocolate.  

I'd say this experiment was a success, I'll definitely be making more of these in the future. 

no way that shits a secret! but i may have put HHwiskey in it… (i don't have any grappa) 

by may, I mean did.  A taste for the batter and a taste for me. 

Rawkstah said:
no way that shits a secret! but i may have put HHwiskey in it… (i don't have any grappa) 

by may, I mean did.  A taste for the batter and a taste for me. 

So you were drunkft?

I like it.

Awesome sauce!  Did you take any more pics, or just the finished ones.  I've never made crepes.  I'd love to see more.

JayT said:
Awesome sauce!  Did you take any more pics, or just the finished ones.  I've never made crepes.  I'd love to see more.
I didn't take anymore pictures, but you can't really take pictures while you're cooking these things, they cook real fast and you have to get the batter to spread out evenly before it cooks.  

kentishman said:
What sort of skillet do you use to cook the crepes?
Just a large frying pan, I don't have any special cookware.  I don't use the little crepe spreader thing much either, I just move the batter around in the pan evenly…

Back