Spicy Mushroom - Sacramento CA

Hi! :)

I've been to this forum on and off for a few years as a reader. Figured I would join the discussion too ^_^

Little bit about me. I love love love spicy. I typically add heat to every meal it makes sense to. In other words, all but my cereal hehe.

I'm an avid gardener. Not sure how advanced I'd call myself, but I surely enjoy it and have learned a lot. I got into gardening when I was a kid by accidentally starting a pumpkin patch. They started sprouting where I had smashes a pumpkin prior. I was hooked! Been into it ever since. 

Well a couple years ago I decided to grow spicy chillis exclusively for my summer garden. Had about 60 plants! Divided between Jalapenos, habaneros, serranos, thai dragons, and a few bhut jolokia I planted from seeds I ordered from Hawaii. Had a blast growing them. Ate spicy for months to my hearts content. Pickled and dried lots of excess. My pepper garden was constantly being chewed down by huge green monster caterpillars. Fortunately the re-growth was really fast O.o

Any hoot. That's me. I love spicy peppers and plan on increasing and refining my garden. My goal is to make my own sauces and do more pickling. Possibly sell em at a Farmer's Market once I get my flavor down. As my name suggest I also love mushrooms. Just got into 'growing' them as well. I also have a vested interest in grafting. I have some experience there with other plants, but not chili peppers. I'm currently growing The Devils Plant from seed and will attempt to graft some chilis to it...

Well hope I can be a valuable member!

:welcome:  from Southern California, Enjoy the forums, many people who can be of help, take the time and read it all, tons of information available just have to find it all. Would love to see a Glog started when you have the time

Greetings from Central CA!
We go through a lot of mushrooms 'round here. Glad to have another fungiphile on board. Currently attempting Shitakes...
Best of luck!
P.S.
Habanero on blueberries & yogurt with granola is an excellent way to incorporate heat into a cereal. Maybe a nice powdered Fatalii on my Capt'n Crunch...

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida!  :woohoo:

Back