• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Spicy shredded beef tacos!

Alrighty, I had to break in my new crock pot so I figured I'd do it right. Best tacos I've ever had.

Ingredients:
2.5-3 pound chuck roast
1 large yellow onion
LOTS of garlic
1 cup water
1.25 oz taco seasoning packet
3-4 jalapeños
2-3 serranos

Toppings:
Bhuts
Cilantro
Cheese
Lime

To start I seasoned the roast with a little salt and pepper. Then heat a skillet, add a little olive oil, and sear the roast on all sides. Now on to the crock pot. Mix the taco seasoning into the water. Add roast, taco seasoning mix, sliced jalapeños, sliced serranos, thickly sliced onion, and about 10-15 cloves of garlic. I usually grind my garlic into a paste to release more flavor because in my kitchen, there ain't no way you can have too much garlic lol.

Cook on low for 8-12 hours or high for something like 5-7 hours or until it's nice and tender and falls apart.

When the roast is done remove it from the crock and shred with 2 forks.

As for toppings do whatever you like. I used chopped cilantro, "Mexican style" shredded cheese, lots o' lime juice, a little fresh homemade guacamole, and fresh sliced bhuts.

By far the best tacos ive ever eaten. I would love to hear what kind of modifications and changes y'all got so I can try them out next time I make these sexy tacos lol.

Enjoy and let me know what ya think!

Unfortunately muskymojo, I didn't take pics and it's all gone lol. I'm thinking of doing it all again sometime this week or next week though, but I don't have any more bhuts so it won't be quite the same :-(

sounds great! Thanks for sharing.

edit-sorry for cross-posting about pics
Can you post pics of future cookings?
We luv pics- :cool:

I will definitely post pics next time around.

And salsalady, I'll be using the ghost fire sauce for sure...if I have any left haha. I've been using it on just about everything I can since I bought it Saturday at zest fest lol. Good stuff

Back