• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Spicy Vodka Lemonade

Playing around with some cocktails tonight...

Try this one:

First make some vanilla chile rum http://www.baileyfarmsinc.com/recipes.asp?PRODUCT=43&RECIPE=361
Squeeze half a lemon or lime into a glass
Pour in a teaspoon of sugar or to taste
Mix it
One shot of vodka
A splash of vanilla chile rum to taste
Top with club soda/Topo Chico

Tickles the throat in small amounts. Burns in large. AKA: SO appropriate (my wife liked it)

Damn right EE!!!!!!

Dude, that looks amazing!!

Now, just imagine if you used something hotter than a serrano for the rum.
Maybe something fruitier than it too...
Like a Fatali...(and it's yellow)

Fatali rum lemonade would be so damn cool!

Try this one:

First make some vanilla chile rum http://www.baileyfarmsinc.com/recipes.asp?PRODUCT=43&RECIPE=361
Mix it
One shot of vodka

Tickles the throat in small amounts. Burns in large. AKA: SO appropriate (my wife liked it)

Cuidado: That's very close to being a "chick" drink. Boost it up with more alcohol and all will be right in the world.

Try this one:

Mix it
One shot of vodka

thanks mate you just gave me a nice idea for spiced Rum!
Just using a different pepper!

Damn right EE!!!!!!

Dude, that looks amazing!!

Now, just imagine if you used something hotter than a serrano for the rum.
Maybe something fruitier than it too...
Like a Fatali...(and it's yellow)

Fatali rum lemonade would be so damn cool!

Fatalii Rum Lemonade sounds like a signature drink!!

I personally used Aji Omnicolors, Habanero de Arbols, and one White Bullet Hab. And I subbed out the vanilla bean for some Liqueur 43. I love that stuff.

Cuidado: That's very close to being a "chick" drink. Boost it up with more alcohol and all will be right in the world.

C'mon now! Is a whiskey sour a chick drink? Harvey Wallbanger? Not that there's anything wrong with that. :)

My motto is, "If your chick will drankful, you'll be thankful!"

thanks mate you just gave me a nice idea for spiced Rum!
Just using a different pepper!

My three-pepper combo was pretty good. I couldn't believe how quickly the pepper flavor diffused. Pretty awesome.

For me, no spiced rums! I drink black rum. The spiced I can't handle, tastes to apple pie spicy. Yuck.

And spiced rum with vodka? Do you need both?

I can see some of these flavors but not all.

papaaca might have been referring to a chile-spiced rum, not a Cap'n Morgan's-type spiced rum.

Yea, not into the store-spiced rums, but a nice chile-spiced concoction....always interesting!

No, it links to a recipe with vanilla, cinnamon, and cloves :sick:.

For me, no spiced rums! I drink black rum. The spiced I can't handle, tastes to apple pie spicy. Yuck.

And spiced rum with vodka? Do you need both?

I can see some of these flavors but not all.

I wasn't sure about it, either, but it turned out surprisingly well. Couldn't really taste the rum, honestly. So it could've easily been chile-spiced vodka. I think I could taste a touch of vanilla, but not much. The aftertaste was just chile.

Normally, I drink only sippin' rums as well. The finest, actually. But this was an interesting blend for me. I dig it.

I happen to have some lemons and some Fatalii vodka. Maybe I will try to make some Fatalii Vodka Lemonade. Great idea, thanks.

Back