• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Spider catches snake in web: "OMGWTF"pics included

Philipperv said:
Are those daddy long legs?

Yeah. They do that. There are lots of them around here. Funniest thing I ever saw was a clump of them huddled up over this big ovalish hole in a tree. Looked like a bush lol. They ALWAYS used to clump up underneath the bench on hole 10 at the disc golf course up in waco. They lay flat so you don't see them til you sit down then they pop up and swarm up to the top of the bench. Completely harmless but they'll make you hurt yourself if they get on you by suprise.

Lol I almost forgot, biggest clump I ever saw was back when I was 18. I was working for the state highway department for the summer doing maintenance work and we had to go move this big ass rusted out water tank that used to be used to irrigate these trees. Well, I chained it to the backhoe, he lifted it and the whole bottom fell out and out came a ball of millions of daddy long legs. It looked like brown water spreading out in slow motion. Fucking creepy, had to be at least my body weight in spiders.

Because they dive-bomb me and get their delicate long legs all tangled up in my hair. Also when I was younger and cut off one of their legs with a pair of scissors the thing went off flying around the bathroom whilst the detached cut off leg was jumping up and down on the window sill as if it was an alive leg.

rainbowberry said:
Because they dive-bomb me and get their delicate long legs all tangled up in my hair. Also when I was younger and cut off one of their legs with a pair of scissors the thing went off flying around the bathroom whilst the detached cut off leg was jumping up and down on the window sill as if it was an alive leg.

Yes they can be a pain and understand there evil ways now :lol:

rainbowberry said:

Crane flies eat mosquitos, so they're a cherished and protected insect here in Florida.

I thought they only lived to have sex then die. Whatever they do they're still evil, especially when you're caught in the bathroom with one.

rainbowberry said:
I thought they only lived to have sex then die. Whatever they do they're still evil, especially when you're caught in the bathroom with one.

Hmmm......yeah i just checked it out and youre right. Oh well, just more fodder for the bug zapper then.

Those bug zapper things don't always work. In the summer we had loads of frisky flies in the house, they kept chasing one another and copulating all over the computer. I had one of those zapper things and they never went near it (and yes it was plugged in). I also had four lots of that sticky fly paper hanging around the room at various points and a flimsy bug swatter by my side. Nothing worked on these flies. It's horrible if you get your head stuck on that fly paper BTW.

rainbowberry said:
Those bug zapper things don't always work. In the summer we had loads of frisky flies in the house, they kept chasing one another and copulating all over the computer. I had one of those zapper things and they never went near it (and yes it was plugged in). I also had four lots of that sticky fly paper hanging around the room at various points and a flimsy bug swatter by my side. Nothing worked on these flies. It's horrible if you get your head stuck on that fly paper BTW.

Indeed you gotr me thinking what to but in my new greenhouse r.b :think:

If you have the sticky things in the greenhouse just keep your hair away from them, they'll leave you all tangled on one side and when you look at the fly paper you will see strands of your hair on it amongst the dead aphids and that makes you wonder what has been transferred to your hair.

rainbowberry said:
If you have the sticky things in the greenhouse just keep your hair away from them, they'll leave you all tangled on one side and when you look at the fly paper you will see strands of your hair on it amongst the dead aphids and that makes you wonder what has been transferred to your hair.

Ye tried a couple in my entry and must agree..There not the most hair or cloths friendly thing to have hanging around :)

Back