• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Spider mite perhaps?

I saw this little prick on one of my bhuts today.
IMAG0362.jpg

I have noticed some leaves curling under on two of my plants. Could this be what is causing it? I have saw some other peoples pics of spider mite damage and they just didn't look like that. I was just hoping it was the heat that was causing it although it is only on 2 of my plants.
IMAG0363.jpg

Another shot.
IMAG0364.jpg

Here is another plant that is sitting right next to the other two and it looks just fine.
IMAG0365.jpg

My worry is now the two I noticed with a little leaf damage has begun to set pods. If I spray with some insecticidal soap is this gonna screw them up? I saw a couple people that said some stuff they were using was crisping their plants.

hmmm it looks big for a spider mite.spider mites a way smaller.. and their damage is different. curling of leafs are more broad mite symptoms. a spider mite infestation damage is more like this

Spider_mite_damage2.jpg

if its a chigger then u got to be more careful as they do more harm to human and animals then to plants!!

Back