• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Spray-N-Grow

I've searched relentlessly on this site to find any info on this and cant seem to find anything. Has anyone heard of or tried the product Spray-N-Go?
Spray-N-Grow is a micronutrient complex, cultured in a water base, that acts as a biocatalyst. A professor at a major agricultural university stated that Spray-N-Grow is a balanced system of micronutrients reacting synergistically with all components working together harmoniously that in affect perform as a single active ingredient. Spray-N-Grow activates dormant microorganisms in the soil enabling plants to better utilize nutrients; it concentrates phosphate at the bud tips and causes the plant to produce more blooms and set more fruit; it reconditions the soil and helps restore it back to its natural fertility by restoring microbial activity; it also relieves the built-up stress condition caused by over fertilization, salt buildup and petrochemical use.

The late Dr. A.E. Nightingale's work with Spray-N-Grow on various vegetable crops proves how Spray-N-Grow increases yields, increases solid content, improves root structure and improves overall fruit quality. Researchers and growers throughout the U.S. and the world have confirmed these results.

Sixteen (or more) chemical elements are known to be essential for growth of most plants. Some plants under certain conditions use a few others. Researchers continue to study different plant types and which nutrients each needs. The essential elements are carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, sulfur, iron, manganese, molybdenum, copper, boron, zinc, and chlorine. Two other nutrients needed by some plants are sodium and cobalt.

Mineral nutrients are divided into groups according to the quantity plants use. The primary mineral nutrients (macronutrinets) used in the largest amounts are nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium (NPK). The secondary mineral nutrients used in lesser amounts are calcium, magnesium and sulfur. The remaining mineral nutrients used in the smallest amounts are micronutrients. Carbon, hydrogen and oxygen are not mineral nutrients, but are essential. Spray-N-Grow contains several of these minor elements.

Toxicity tests performed on Spray-N-Grow were conducted on the concentrate and were in accordance with EPA protocol (S9-F14), EPA Publication, EPA 540/9-82-025. The concentrate is completely nontoxic and is diluted 1 part to 100 parts for application to plants.

From: http://www.spray-n-growag.com/-html=full&key=sng&sub=sprayngrow.htm
Also, from the same site is a study performed, which seemed pretty impressive:
Pepper Trials
A.E. Nightingale, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus
Horticultural Sciences
Texas A&M University

Date: 1990

An equal number of uniform rows of Serrano and Jalapeno peppers were selected from a larger field for comparing Spray-N-Grow treatments with controls. The following are the harvest dates and yields of each.

Serrano ................................ Jalapeno
Date Treated Control ........ Date Treated Control
6/13 105 lbs. 87 lbs. .......... 6/17 117 lbs. 75 lbs.
6/29 169 lbs. 117 lbs. ........ 7/3 183 lbs. 112 lbs.
7/14 189 lbs. 123 lbs. ........ 7/18 214 lbs. 119 lbs.
7/30 239 lbs. 130 lbs. ........ 8/4 228 lbs. 115 lbs.
8/14 245 lbs. 149 lbs. ........ 8/18 225 lbs. 113 lbs.
8/29 254 lbs. 139 lbs. ........ 9/3 218 lbs. 109 lbs.
9/13 257 lbs. 133 lbs. ........ 9/19 234 lbs. 121 lbs.
9/29 241 lbs. 137 lbs. ........ 10/7 216 lbs. 103 lbs.
10/14 253 lbs. 126 lbs. ...... 10/20 219 lbs. 107 lbs.
10/29 228 lbs. 123 lbs. ...... 11/8 198 lbs. 97 lbs.
Total 2180 lbs. 1264 lbs. ...... Total 2052 lbs. 1071 lbs.

Yield Increase Serrano 72.5%
Yield Increase Jalapeno 91.6%

The first application of Spray-N-Grow was made once the transplants were established in the field. Three additional applications were made at 30 day intervals.
Seemed pretty impressive. Its gotten extremely high reviews on all websites I've checked. Its available from a lot of places and the price is exceptional. Let me know what you think! Sorry for the long post!

never heard of it but like you said it sounds pretty impressive, I would like to see some first hand feedback if anyone has used it.

-Rich

Buy some and do a comparison test yourself with everything in the two groups identical except for one with and one w/o Spray n' Grow.

P.S. Don't believe everything you read on the web. ;)

=P.S. Don't believe everything you read on the web. ;)
Oh absolutely not. But with more then 750,000 sold on QVC, the extremely high ratings its received on majority of the websites and the trials performed it just seems overwhelming. Then again I guess for some it may be all in their heads. I think I'm gonna purchase it, try it on one plant and leave the other plant alone (both obviously the same plant, and size), and stick to the same watering, ferts, etc.. and see for myself.

Yeah, controlled testing something yourself is the best way for sure, but a better test would involve more plants of several varieties. :)

Silver_Surfer said:
Yeah, controlled testing something yourself is the best way for sure, but a better test would involve more plants of several varieties. :)

I wouldnt mind doing this, but in the back of my mind I'm always worried about adverse effects. I only have 16 plants, and a couple of each variety. Maybe I'll try two or three plants... hmmm what to do

I have never tried the spray and grow but I just started using a product made by the same company called Nutri-Cal.
Supposed to prevent BER and also make nice large fruit.

Back