• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Sriracha: Whatcha' gonna' do?

Plah! on Texas Pete.

Take their hot sauce.

Louisiana style.

But have to use "Texas" in the name to sell it.

Made in North Carolina.

I don't reckon I'll try their CHA! sauce.

How do you know pete wasnt a guy from north carolina who really loved texas and always wore cowboy boots and hats and big shiny belt buckles, and all his friends started calling him texas pete. And he liked louisiana style hotsauce and dreamed of making it one day. But because he loved his friends and family so much he couldn't bare to leave them to move to texas, or go on trips to louisiana to make authentic sauce, so he just made his louisiana style sauce in north carolina and put his nick name, that his friends and family gave him so endearingly. texas pete, on the bottle? HUH? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

TB doesn't like a Louisiana sauce made in NC with Texas in the name, but he loves a Vietnamese sauce with a Thai name made in California. Hipsters unite! :lol:

Okay TB I give. What's the difference in Sriracha being made in CA or NC?????????????

The Hot Pepper said:
TB doesn't like a Louisiana sauce made in NC with Texas in the name, but he loves a Vietnamese sauce with a Thai name made in California. Hipsters unite! :lol:

Okay TB I give. What's the difference in Sriracha being made in CA or NC?????????????

Oh pooh.

You know I can't win the argument based on those parameters.

David Tran started his company after coming as an immigrant from S.E. Asia to the USA aboard a ship named Huy Fong. Then he started his company and made it what it is today. Great story I reckon.

Texas Pete is just riding the coat tails of Huy Fong's success. Its just marketing. They have their own 'thang and they should just stick to that. You wouldn't got to Pizza Hut for a cheeseburger would you?

our costco carries sky valley brand at $6.99 a bottle.
huy fong must have a minimum order quantity of a billion bottles on canadian orders because it is everywhere and several rows deep on shelves. it is even available in our dollar stores. walmart had to have 30 bottles on the shelves and that is just 1 store and we have several in my city. every grocery store is stocked with it. no shortage here.

The Hot Pepper said:
Texas Pete just jumped on the hipster train.
http://www.texaspete.com/products/cha/index.php
yup got a bottle of it its good and its has a good garlic flavor too,im having some with hot dogs in a little bit
it has what i think is a bit more of a heat snap than huy fong
i paid $2.69 for a 18 oz bottle

they hit the nail on the head with this one!! itrs the first other than huy fong that i can say i liked
its worth a try

thanks your friend Joe

texas blues said:
Come to Texas Mr. Tran!

Your pleas will fall on deaf ears, King of the Hill has clearly articulated how most Texans react to the Vietnamese.

BC on the other hand, is ripe for factory relocating.

Hell, English isn't even the predominate language in most of Vancouver.

Sriracha tuna at Subway and Which Wich.  Yummy.

Reading through the last page on this thread thinking I'll have to get it from one of the two and then I see that ramen beard bowl pic and... I just don't know....

miguelovic said:

Your pleas will fall on deaf ears, King of the Hill has clearly articulated how most Texans react to the Vietnamese.

King of the Hill made us to look like f-ing dumbasses.  Kinda funny show though.

I would like to see Huy Fong factories do worse to the air than Pasadena, TX.  The one place in all of Texas you don't have to look around to know where you are.  Just have to breathe and cringe.

Y'all get so excited 'bout a sauce loaded with preservatives.

This hipster shite is the equivalent of PBR and ironic beards.

EliteMcScruffin said:
Sriracha tuna at Subway and Which Wich.  Yummy.

Reading through the last page on this thread thinking I'll have to get it from one of the two and then I see that ramen beard bowl pic and... I just don't know....

King of the Hill made us to look like f-ing dumbasses.  Kinda funny show though.

I would like to see Huy Fong factories do worse to the air than Pasadena, TX.  The one place in all of Texas you don't have to look around to know where you are.  Just have to breathe and cringe.

Apparently you've never been to Tacoma, WA.

Compared to that town, breathing Pasadena, TX air is like breathing Coco Chanel.

Back