• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

stabilizing temp

Two weeks ago the temperature finally climbed over 70 degrees for the first time this year. Till then I had been successful germing seeds in a jiffy greenhouse with a heat mat. Now however temperatures im my house swing from 75 to 97 degrees daily. All germination has ceased and now I am wondering how to maintain a box at a constant 80-85. Do any if you guys use clever solutions to this. Am I the only one having this issue?

Two weeks ago the temperature finally climbed over 70 degrees for the first time this year. Till then I had been successful germing seeds in a jiffy greenhouse with a heat mat. Now however temperatures im my house swing from 75 to 97 degrees daily. All germination has ceased and now I am wondering how to maintain a box at a constant 80-85. Do any if you guys use clever solutions to this. Am I the only one having this issue?

Ya use a thermostat and a seedling heat mat for best germ results!!!!!!!!

I use a cheap light dimmer that I bought from the local hardware store and wired it to a regular wall plug in a plastic outlight box with the back of the box drilled out so the drimmer can come out of it to turn the knob. That is the dimmer goes into the back of the box and the outlet goes into the front---wired together as indicated in the directions in the 2 way dimmer---not a 3 way dimmer.

Then I plug the dimmer into a wall outlet and the dimmer controls the outlet in my box so I can regulate the power going to the outlet; to which I plug in my cheap heating mat. Then I put a thermometer in the tray and monitor the temps---turning up or down at times in the day as required

hope that make sence!!!

we put inlet and exhaust fans in our grow box and then wired them to a mechanical thermostat switch (attic fan thermostat, lowes or home depot)...set the temp you want and forget it...keeps our box 83-87 degrees. fans also help strengthen stems as they grow. works great. you can check it out by searching omegas indoor set up or just..indoor grow set up ithink. good luck.

Back