• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Stabilizing the CPR

BSH said:
Mustard CPR now...very nice! 

When I first started this thread, I was really excited about it.  Now, I know I won't be growing this one again...it's just not what I was after.  The chocolate primo has pushed the CPR out of title contention in my books as it is the most nasty looking/burning pepper I have ever tried.  Just straight up pain!  And the spikes - it's unreal. 

I have had a few requests for these seeds and I will send them out but no seed train for it I'm afraid.  It's just too unstable at the moment to be depended on.  Thanks everyone for participating :dance:  

Still though, and I am close to finding out as I have not yet ground any. The CPR may still make a good powder.

The chocolate primo has been rather a unicorn of its own as I have been unsuccessful in getting one that has a true shape.

CAPCOM said:

Still though, and I am close to finding out as I have not yet ground any. The CPR may still make a good powder.

The chocolate primo has been rather a unicorn of its own as I have been unsuccessful in getting one that has a true shape.
This was my best chocolate primo pod...wish I had saved seeds. I just sold the plant too so it's back to square one next year when I plant some ISO seeds I got from a member on here. The burn is just violent too. No buildup, just 100% all out madness.
d6d73c30c342291f55f0fe5bc54b8888.jpg

BSH said:
This was my best chocolate primo pod...wish I had saved seeds. I just sold the plant too so it's back to square one next year when I plant some ISO seeds I got from a member on here. The burn is just violent too. No buildup, just 100% all out madness.
d6d73c30c342291f55f0fe5bc54b8888.jpg

Yeah, that looks like a good one.

Reactions: BSH
Is that the ripe color? That looks like the stage my chocolate peppers go through between green and brown.

AndyW said:
Is that the ripe color? That looks like the stage my chocolate peppers go through between green and brown.

Which post? without quoting, it looks like you are inquiring of the post just prior to yours.

AndyW said:
If you are referring to the mustard pods, I'm definitely sure. I've left them on the plant for a long time hoping to see some color, but they just turn mushy. Even at this point I can leave indents in the pod by handling it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeffcontonio said:
If you are referring to the mustard pods, I'm definitely sure. I've left them on the plant for a long time hoping to see some color, but they just turn mushy. Even at this point I can leave indents in the pod by handling it.

Yeah. I guess I hadn't noticed that I wasn't on the last page when I posted that. Oops.

Also, that's an interesting coloring for ripe pods.

AndyW said:
Yeah. I guess I hadn't noticed that I wasn't on the last page when I posted that. Oops.

Also, that's an interesting coloring for ripe pods.
When I cut them open they are Orange/yellow inside.

U)<now said:
For those not following my glog, they ended up a very bright red...

22b7837ae6bb518121df18839cecfe94.jpg
So, I gave one of my CPR plants to a friend this spring and it was producing more true to pheno chocolate pods. Plant is from the Same batch of seeds from Butch as the "Red Grenade" pods. Plant looks like hell as this friend is not a gardener at all, but I got it back from them and will be over wintering both plants.

2b4cb2ebb1d7fbfc6efca52e5e92222b.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Reactions: BSH
The fruits of my labor have been realized, and they are pretty f-ing tasty.
I tried the CPR powder from this years grow in some chili last night and a pasta casserole tonight. I will have to increase the amount in the next meal to see what a substantial measure will do. The sparse amount I used already exhibited notes of chocolate reaper, a tolerable tongue burn that migrated up the cheeks and settled in the chest area. I expect a larger dose will provide a more in depth set of profiles.
All in all I am fairly happy will the product and suspect as I grow more fond with exposure.

The pods exhibited a fairly nice appearance and a great flavor and respectable heat. I am satisfied enough to grow the offspring with anticipation.

Back