Stainless Steel Pot question

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
I had a beautiful Le Cruset 8 Qt pot - and someone burned the F out of it. 

I loved that pot. 

That's worth crying over.  Had someone burn some terrible ham hocks and beans in a LC of mine, scrubbed and scrubbed and nothing, went to internet, boil water w some corn starch, adheres to burnt on suckage and cooks it off, scrub again you lazy bastige!!!  Good as new... 

SmokenFire said:

That's worth crying over.  Had someone burn some terrible ham hocks and beans in a LC of mine, scrubbed and scrubbed and nothing, went to internet, boil water w some corn starch, adheres to burnt on suckage and cooks it off, scrub again you lazy bastige!!!  Good as new... 

The Le Creuset stuff to restore the inside from the scuffs and stuff is magic.

I have no idea if it's costly, but I know it makes them look brand new again - we use it every 3-4 months and they return to flawless inside.

They are my favorite things to cook in, beyond the plastic bags even.

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
I had a beautiful Le Cruset 8 Qt pot - and someone burned the F out of it. 

I loved that pot. 

....just another reason why that someone is no longer around......;)

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Caphelon makes some decent stuff, most of my cookwear is that cause I am too poor for All-Clad :)

+1 .Caphelon stuff also works well for induction stoves, I have a bunch of it. Heating up that 2 gallon pot to a boil with induction is just fun because it does it so fast.

Jeff H said:

Sorry, they may be good, but I'm not buying my quality pots and pans from Walmart. For much the same reasons why I wouldn't buy kitchen knives there.
I have to agree with this...my only exception to that was my pressure canner since they have a huge canning section our here in the country where I seem to live hahahah

I was at my mom's last weekend and I was thinking about this ...

Her Dansk (some kind of ceramic or glass coated iron) is now forty plus years old.

It's easy to amortize away the cost of finished CI stuff, I think ...

Vollrath- :)

Jeff H said:
Sorry, they may be good, but I'm not buying my quality pots and pans from Walmart. For much the same reasons why I wouldn't buy kitchen knives there.
i don't think Wally World is the only place you can get them at.

SavinaRed said:
I did some research on all clad last night and a lower priced tramontina has good reviews for those who do not want to break the bank.

Below is an article worth reading.

http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/08/equipment-the-all-clad-vs-tramontina-skillet.html

Here is a great value on a 20qt pot. They also have a 24 qt for an additional $10.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tramontina-Gourmet-20-Quart-Covered-Stock-Pot/36778063
While I agree Wally World isn't my first option for quality stuff, some of our stuff is old and crappy so this may be a good option and if we don't like them we're not out much money.

tctenten said:

I ordered a t5 light fixture from them...all above board.  Pretty sure a small company called Amazon may own them.....but not 100% sure.
I see why now, there is a new set that replaced it. It is a good deal just the older version. 

Back