• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

STC3248, Just Another Grow Log! Holiday Harvest!

Still waiting on the supers...but the rest are sprouted and under lights. This will be my first attempt at supers. Fingers crossed. I am so lost in the labels. I don't know how some of you keep them all straight??? I know I got most of them right...but had a couple random seeds pop up under the starter pellets...lolEdit: This was my STARTING listJalapenoBlack CobraMucho Nacho JalapenoBellPoblanoCaribbean RedChocolate HabaneroAnaheimCayenneTrinidad ScorpionBhut Jolokia Red/Yellow/Chocolate/White/PurpleFataliPequin ChiapasAmigo Diablo Bombay MorichDorset NagaLg Yellow 7 Pot7 Pot RedDouglahBishops Crownand OrnamentalsHere is the FINAL revised list! lol yeah right! Got some slow movers on here...GREEN: planted last night 3 February...didn't soak, so they may take a bit longer than normalORANGE: Planted 25 JanuaryBLUE: Planted 13 JanuaryBLACK: Planted 5 JanuaryFish 0/2Wild Brazil (Cumari) 0/2Tepin 0/2Aji Omnicolor 0/2Yellow Scotch Bonnet 0/2Goccia d'Oro 0/2Red Lantern Habanero 0/2Brain Strain 0/2Billy Boy Douglah 0/2Peruvian White Bullet Hab 0/2Kaval F-1 0/27 Pot Primo 0/27 Pot Monster Infinity 0/2Devil's Tongue Brown 0/2Bhut Jolokia Orange 0/2Black Naga 1/2Bhut Jolokia Purple 4/4 Bhut Jolokia White 4/4 Bhut Jolokia Red 4/4Bhut Jolokia Yellow 2/4 :whistle:Bhut Jolokia Chocolate 4/4 7 Pot Red 4/4 7 Pot Lg Yellow 4/4 Fatali 4/4 Chocolate Hab 4/4 Bishops Crown 4/4 Pequine 4/4 Trinidad Scorpion 3/4Established Plants:Caribbean Red x5Black Cobra x6Jalapeno x6Mucho Nacho Jalapeno x8Cayenne x6Bell x4Poblano x3Anaheim x3
SD530668.jpg
SD530717.jpg
SD530719.jpg
My 10 year old is responsible for the artwork on the cups!

Well...I've been slacking on here. So time to get caught up! Had some frost several days this week, and most of the plants are as Pia put it "Done to the done done!" A couple look no worse for the wear though???

IMG_0616.jpg

Red Lanterns hurtin' but still kicking...

IMG_0619.jpg

Wild Brazil...covered up in pods and still blooming??? The only plants with no visible frost damage...really like these plants!

IMG_0620.jpg

Another of the wild brazil...if you look closely you can see the blooms its still putting out.

IMG_0621.jpg

Yellow 7's...done. :mope:

IMG_0622.jpg

Bhut...done. :tear:

IMG_0623.jpg

Yellow Bhut...done. . :cry:

IMG_0625.jpg

Poblano's...done. :violin:

IMG_0626.jpg

Frost damage on the other Yellow 7...

IMG_0628.jpg

Jamaican hot yellows...

IMG_0629.jpg

Hurting, but not done yet! :party:

Many more to post...bump P P p p please!!!

Thanks RIck!!! Good to be back bro-ham!!! Here's a few more!!!

IMG_0630.jpg

Bishop's crown still has hundreds of pods on it. Reached around 10' tall...awesome plant this season. Great table pepper right off the plant...

IMG_0631.jpg

Pequin X still pushin 'em out! and none the worse for the wear. All the wilds look un-phased by the recent frosts...

IMG_0632.jpg

Here's today's pull...Still a couple out there, but may yank them all tomorrow and let the rest ripen on the pulled plants.

IMG_0633.jpg

Jamaican Hot Yellows...

IMG_0634.jpg

Wild Brazils

IMG_0636.jpg

Goccia D' Oro...another must grow again plant. Sweeter Bell flavor on a 5' tall plant. Great plant.

IMG_0637.jpg

Yellow Bhuts...

IMG_0638.jpg

Yellow 7's

IMG_0639.jpg

Two awesome care packages came last week...about a million seeds from Paul and some of the coolest powders ever from Kevin!!! Thanks Fellas!!! :party: I am going to have a terrible time figuring out what to grow this season??? :dance:

IMG_0640.jpg

Here's a closeup ot the little bottles O'love Kevin sent along with his baggie of Rainforest Fire smoked Congo Trinindad powder...gonna give one of these a ride a little later.Those are a couple smallish Jals for comparison.

Will probably close out my season between now and New Years....time to start some seeds!!!

Shane

Hi Shane
Nice shots of the end of the season! It's been a hellova run this year, eh?

We're off to the Great White North this morning to spend Christmas with my MIL, who's up in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada. She's 91, and we're visiting during the holiday while we can. Who knows how many more we'll have with her. When we get back, I'm taking a page from your book and starting the long-season chiles the first weekend in January to give them enough time to get a little size before planting out around mid-April.

Warm wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season to you and yours from the stickman family.
SANY0860.jpg

Sad to see plants dying but you got some good harvests at the end there!

Is the Goccia D' Oro sweet? No heat at all?
Yeah...been ready to pull them for a while, but didn't have the heart. They've done me proud this season for sure. I wish I would have taken a page out of Paul's book and been more meticulous with #'s and measures, but it was all I could do to keep up with the harvests! Nice problem to have, still trying to sort out a grow list for this year...we'll have to see what makes the cut!

The Goccia D' Oro is mild, but may have about as much kick as one of my Poblanos??? A little more flavorful and quite a bit sweeter than a bell. Not sure they are true Goccia D' Oros either??? Can't find a pic, I got the seeds from Pash in a trade. True or not...it was a great plant.

Hi Shane
Nice shots of the end of the season! It's been a hellova run this year, eh?

We're off to the Great White North this morning to spend Christmas with my MIL, who's up in Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada. She's 91, and we're visiting during the holiday while we can. Who knows how many more we'll have with her. When we get back, I'm taking a page from your book and starting the long-season chiles the first weekend in January to give them enough time to get a little size before planting out around mid-April.

Warm wishes for a happy and healthy holiday season to you and yours from the stickman family.
Thanks Rick! Be safe on the road brother! Seems as though anymore the holiday season brings out the worst road rage of the year. Seems like every time I go to the store these days I get cut off, screamed at or almost run off the road by 60ish yo ladies blaring Christmas music...sad.

I will be starting seeds soon myself...maybe??? :rofl:

Great harvest and gifts you got there your season was amazing to see with the bags and bags of pods. Have great Christmas and New Year with your family and can not wait to see your new season start over again.

I can relate to the whole refocusing on family thing. When I started working part time, I had no idea how much that would cut into my recreational (ie. pepper) time. There were 3 or 4 bowls full of peppers from my final harvest that never did get processed. Some of them dried on their own, but a lot had to be thrown out. It felt horrible wasting all that hard work, but I had to take care of the family. The only reason I'm even on here to post on a glog or two, is that my daughter is sick, and I can't go to the Christmas Eve service tonight with the rest of the family.

Anyway, I really just stopped by to tell you how much I enjoyed following your grow this past year, and look forward to whatever you are able to do this next season. Even if you have to scale it back a bit, I bet it will still be awesome!

Merry Christmas, and best wishes for the New Year!

Great harvest and gifts you got there your season was amazing to see with the bags and bags of pods. Have great Christmas and New Year with your family and can not wait to see your new season start over again.
Always great to hear from you Fernando!!! Merry Christmas to you too buddy! Just got done watching Elf with the family, and ready to hit the hay so Santa can do his thang!!! Hope you and your family are well my friend!

I can relate to the whole refocusing on family thing. When I started working part time, I had no idea how much that would cut into my recreational (ie. pepper) time. There were 3 or 4 bowls full of peppers from my final harvest that never did get processed. Some of them dried on their own, but a lot had to be thrown out. It felt horrible wasting all that hard work, but I had to take care of the family. The only reason I'm even on here to post on a glog or two, is that my daughter is sick, and I can't go to the Christmas Eve service tonight with the rest of the family.

Anyway, I really just stopped by to tell you how much I enjoyed following your grow this past year, and look forward to whatever you are able to do this next season. Even if you have to scale it back a bit, I bet it will still be awesome!

Merry Christmas, and best wishes for the New Year!
Sorry to hear your little one is ill...mine is sick too Hit real quick. Bummer our little ones are not well for Santa's arrival. Hope your little one is better soon! I started breaking out the "Grow-Gear" and bought some new CFL's and fixtures yesterday. Seeds will be in peat pellets by Saturday!!!Now if I could just figure out which ones???

I threw some sauce together over the past few days...
P1020704.jpg

Yellow Bhuts+
P1020705.jpg

Manzanos+

P1020706.jpg

+

P1020707.jpg

smoke...

P1020709.jpg

More smoke...

P1020712.jpg

P1020714.jpg

Blended...

P1020715.jpg

Then Juiced...

P1020722.jpg

Some garlic and onion added back in...

P1020716.jpg

= BhutMan BBQ sauce...

Merry Christmas THPers!!!

A few more...

I finally pulled all but a few plants.
P1020710.jpg

The rootball on one of my Manzanos...the bottom had started to rot out, but it was solid all the way down. 15# container...

P1020711.jpg

Here is the base of the Brain Strain tree...before I cut it down.

P1020720.jpg

For Christmas eve I fired up the smoker for some Yard Bird and the new BBQ Sauce...I thinned some out with butter and injected it and based with some mixed with Olive Oil...

P1020708.jpg

P1020719.jpg

P1020721.jpg

P1020723.jpg

P1020724.jpg

Mmmmmmmmm...

And for Christmas Dinner...
P1020718.jpg

P1020717.jpg

A nice little Prime Rib...I will post up a few pics later!!!

Merry Christmas errybody!!!
Shane

Hi Shane, and Merry Christmas from St John, NB. Sorry to hear there's illness in the family.. hope all is well soon and you can relax and have a good time this holiday. Cheers!
bump

Hi Shane, and Merry Christmas from St John, NB. Sorry to hear there's illness in the family.. hope all is well soon and you can relax and have a good time this holiday. Cheers!
bump
My younger daughter is still real sick... :mope: she barely made it through opening presents this morning. Broke my heart to see her so down on Christmas...

We had a great one other than that, and topped it off with a great meal...
IMG_0641.jpg

Started out with the almost 15lb prime added the rub...

IMG_0642.jpg

Decided to scale it back a bit and cut and cut a few ribeyes off to save for later...

IMG_0644.jpg

into the oven at 450 for 15 minutes then into the smoker for about 3.5 hours at 250 with apple and hickory chips...

IMG_0646.jpg

Finished front side...

IMG_0647.jpg

and the back...

IMG_0648.jpg

The cut open view...

IMG_0649.jpg

Final plate up...ended up a little blurry, but you get the general idea. It didn't last long!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas weekend, back to the salt mines tomorrow for me.

Shane

You are loving that camera huh? Did your daughter get to use it yet? I noticed my wilds and annuums put up a good fight against the frost. They were holding up in mid 20 low temps,my chinense plants laid down like a cheap date though.

Nice looking prime there Shane. Hope all is well with your little one. Being sick is Definately no bueno. I recall as a kid one Christmas I don't even recall. All my family told me was I didnt want to wake up or open gifts. Smoked goods look great. Makes me want to sell my propane smoker so I can buy electrc

You are loving that camera huh? Did your daughter get to use it yet? I noticed my wilds and annuums put up a good fight against the frost. They were holding up in mid 20 low temps,my chinense plants laid down like a cheap date though.
Most of my pics I'm still taking with old faithful...but playing with the new one is fun and a learning experience. One Chinense hanging on...Red Lantern. The rest are goners. 7 Plants total still kicking. Will let them go a bit longer or till they croak.

Nice looking prime there Shane. Hope all is well with your little one. Being sick is Definately no bueno. I recall as a kid one Christmas I don't even recall. All my family told me was I didnt want to wake up or open gifts. Smoked goods look great. Makes me want to sell my propane smoker so I can buy electrc
She's all better now...and as lovable as a teenage girl can be I suppose :crazy: :snooty: Propane, electric...neither match up with the real deal old school smokers.

APPROVED and Damn good looking sauce there Bro-man!
Sorry to hear about the little one, hopefully she be back on her feet quickly.

Wishes for a Great New Year and a Bodacious Grow Season
Bill
Its pretty good...still tweaking. I think more bourbon would do the trick!

I pulled a few pods today, but nothing worth posting. I did however get an awesome seed package...
IMG_0651.jpg

THANKS FERNANDO!!! Don't know all that will make the list...but the 7 white is a pretty good bet!!!

Well can anyone guess what's about to happen at the Caver house???
IMG_0650.jpg

Will be sorting through everything tonight...time to figure it out and get them soaking!!! :dance:

By the way...if anyone has a couple of known good Reaper seeds to spare I am willing to trade you some good stuff for them...

Its almost 2013 and I will be starting a new (much more abbreviated) glog as soon as seeds get dirty!

Shane

Aight folks...that's all for 2012. :mope:

Here is the new link for 2013!!!

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/36599-stc3248-2013-grow-loghere-we-go-again/
:party:

It's been an education and a lot of fun to follow your glog this past year Shane. Take care, have a well-earned rest, and we'll catch you on the other side of the year. Cheers! :dance:

Back