• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

STEVE954 Grow Log

Hello from south florida. This year's grow started just after thanksgiving when sowed several different strains of scotch bonnet. After many attempts, I finally got my hands on some scotch bonnet seeds from the Jamaican Ministry of Agriculture!
newpicture2013087_zpsf55b19b7.jpg

Scotch Bonnet-MoA
newpicture2013073-Copy2_zps89dfbc81.jpg

Red-Scotch Bonnet-RedFoodarama, Green-Scotch Bonnet-MoA, Black-Scotch Bonnet-Papa Joe's Mkt
newpicture2013077_zps0e3a3a06.jpg

Scotch Bonnet-TFM Tree
newpicture2013075_zps289af11d.jpg

Scotch Bonnet TFM still producing
newpicture2013079_zpsa37b35ec.jpg

Safety gear is so important when you're near any of these crazy plants!!! Good call! Haha, congrats on the first of many "perfect" pods!
I was thinking the same thing. Good going Steve on those stinger pods. they are beauts
Hahahahaha … what no safety gloves

Gots buds?! MoA's baby!
Jamison, you’ve done an awesome job with your MoA’s … love the lushness in da leaves & overall look, you going to have killa pods mon

Denniz what are you feeding yours and are they outside all the time now?

Nightshade said:
I almost like the stinger pods more than the true moa shape
Ok, to each his own, fair enough...I think that a stinger will make any pod look more badass, however, the scorpions and reapers hold that crown. The true shape of a scotch bonnet with 4 lobes, sexy curves, and cup-and-saucer excellent is unique, distinctive, and a true original.

stc3248 said:
Safety gear is so important when you're near any of these crazy plants!!! Good call! Haha, congrats on the first of many "perfect" pods!
Safety first Shano, Safety first..Much obliged sir!

Sanarda said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I was thinking the same thing. Good going Steve on those stinger pods. they are beauts
Thanks Pia!

P. Dreadie said:
The MoA with a stinger is great looking. Do others show that trait ?

Peace
Yes, other plants are now showing some stinger pods, so its not a freak mutation, stingers must run in the genetics.

Jamison said:
Gots buds?! MoA's baby!

WOOT WOOT! :woohoo:

WalkGood said:
Hahahahaha … what no safety gloves

Jamison, you’ve done an awesome job with your MoA’s … love the lushness in da leaves & overall look, you going to have killa pods mon

Denniz what are you feeding yours and are they outside all the time now?
Hey Ramon, I'm excited about the everglades tomato plants tomarrow! I'll be over about 4:30.

Pulpiteer said:
This has been a fun glog to follow with this MoA adventure! Looking awesome. Soon you'll be telling us how one of those picture perfect bonnets tastes!
Thank you brother

WalkGood said:
Ok, got your message to Annie last night … now dammit get your PC fixed so you can post up the latest batch of pictures of dem bad girls with buns of steel you were telling me about, lol.

Thank you bredren. I'm still having problems uploading pics. I'm workin on it now.

Update: My computer has a virus and its so slow that it is torture just to make an update...anywho

Is this normal?! Butch T(Jamison) 9 flower buds in one node!
016_zpse050ef93.jpg

scotch bonnet growdown: top to bottom
row 1- Foodarama(Pic 1), Foodarama(windchicken), Peppermania Jamaican(windchicken)
row 2- Datil(WalkGood), TFM(saved seed), CCN(P.Dreadie)
row 3- Red CARDI(cmpman1974), Ocho Rios(Pic 1), SELECT(P.Dreadie)
row 4- Hp22b(Jamison), TFM(saved seed), Papa Joe's Mkt(PepperJam)
019_zps60c00a6f.jpg

MoA pods
032_zps5586010a.jpg

029_zps60005b6d.jpg

031_zps271e3976.jpg

021_zps6cf7c26c.jpg

024_zps8111a04d.jpg

Up-and-coming FtL bonnet
027_zps1c2cd72e.jpg

STEVE954 said:
… Is this normal?! Butch T(Jamison) 9 flower buds in one node! … …
While my JA MoA’s or JA Habs don’t have as many, all 4 of the new supers I’m growing do the same thing, one has as many flower buds or more. I am expecting some of them to fall off as they have on my Chocolate Scorp … I don’t see how there could be enough space for them all. IIRC it’s the Trinidad Scorp that has the most per node, impressive sight isn’t it ….

Very nice update!

Now for the puter.

I use AVG, it's free. If you don't have a virus scanner, try and download this, do the install (don't opt for anything during install but free part) and have it do a full scan. A ton of free tools exist to clean as well. PM me if you wish, I've been doing this since '96, knowing what virus it is a good start. A last resort if you can't clean it is to plug the hard drive into a clean protected machine and let it do a scan on your drive. That's how we clean the tough ones.

Good luck,

Scott

I also use AVG...combine it with a spyware program like spybot (also free) and they're pretty good protection for zero $$$. Lol...as I look down to see that AVG is running its daily scan on my puter now!

Oh...and while 9 buds isn't the norm, but its not all that uncommon. Most nodes will probably have 3-6. Hope all 9 set for you...really cool when that happens and you have a pile of pods in one spot.

Denniz you plant looks great \o/

Steve, man you have to get your computer fixed, I know time is tight but THP sight needs ya mon *cough MoA updates* That said, if you can’t get it fixed and you have the OS disks you can bring it over to my house and I’ll fix it for you, no charge. You’ll have to bring disks for all the software too so we can do a clean install if needed. Hope all is ok with work, family & plants, have a great one brethren :)

I have some leaves starting to look like this,do you happen to know why they look like this? I was about to start my search and saw this :)
STEVE954 said:

011_zpsfc37ea29.jpg

Back