• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Still cold, still small, growing somehow 2021

New year and new peppers.

This years plan is to build pellet greenhouse for chilis and solar powered watering, if anyone has such system, please tell me.

Ps. That "bonchi" is now 4yo

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0737.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your plant seems to enjoy the view!

Not trying to be a downer, but why solar for watering? Distance from AC power? No AC? I know solar sounds cheap and "green", but by the time you buy (and manufacturing process) battery and panels, and assorted equipment, costs can be quite high and in reality become less green.

Poly pipe can be run a long, long, loooong way, lasts many years, and is relatively inexpensive.

Just trying to get a better handle on your scheme.

fishhead said:
Not trying to be a downer, but why solar for watering? Distance from AC power? No AC? I know solar sounds cheap and "green", but by the time you buy (and manufacturing process) battery and panels, and assorted equipment, costs can be quite high and in reality become less green.

Poly pipe can be run a long, long, loooong way, lasts many years, and is relatively inexpensive.

Just trying to get a better handle on your scheme.
I just like to tinker, was just looking at price of all neccesary things and talking to a friend.
Probably I'll just plug in 230->12v transformer and run timer&pump with that. Cheap and easy.

Btw. Ordered fataliis chilibook, it probably contains some bonus seeds too.. What to do :D

Keep up the good work, Spring will come.

Inoks said:
Update. A lot of no show, first and last time using moss pellets. Transfered a lot of seeds to sprouting raft and after they put out tails I Transfered them to media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice save on the seeds, Risto!

When I used the Jiffy Pellets, I had to do a
little extra work on them after they had soaked
up the water to get good germination. Basically
squeezed and mushed around to break up layers
not softened up as much. The result was a taller,
softer jiffy plug. Also, I closed the hole just like
planting in dirt.

I found rockwool to be the most convenient of
the methods I've tried, but now I have gone back
to good old soil germination. Go figure.

I agree about the rockwool Paul.  Plus I rarely get a helmet head using them.  I think the fibers provide enough resistance to peel the seed coat off as it emerges.

+1 Skillbiker - pretty soon that will be a bed of green foliage!

Back