• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Still waiting on fatalii ....

I have eaten TWO off of this monster, but that's it.
I tried counting them today but stopped after losing track @ 150:shocked:

They are actually about 3 inches average.
The damage was from hail and 90mph wind.
FAT.jpg

Well, even with the damage that plant looks very happy. Great job. Is your husband into chilis as well or will you have all these beauties to yourself?

90mph wind! It's a wonder that you have any plant left let alone more than 150 pods on it. Hopefully it got real angry and the pods that are on it get super hot.

My Fatilli from the comparison is still about 2.5 inches tall :)

You are right Nova... I am exaggerating a little, but there were microbursts in the area that topped 70 MPH. I am shocked it didn't go down. Other plants that were in the ground snapped at their bases :(

The hubby actually got me into spicy food, now I swap seeds wherever and whenever I can :)

Katrina said:
The hubby actually got me into spicy food, now I swap seeds wherever and whenever I can :)

That must be nice having a hobby the both of you can share.

If anything in my grow log interests you let me know. It will be a bit before I have seeds to trade, but if you see something you like I will keep you in mind.

Josh said:
That must be nice having a hobby the both of you can share.

If anything in my grow log interests you let me know. It will be a bit before I have seeds to trade, but if you see something you like I will keep you in mind.

Thank you Josh!

I should have about 30 NICE varieties to offer and about 75 more common ones to offer up this fall.... if they ever ripen!

Silver_Surfer said:
Nice plant full of pods, Katrina. It doesn't look like you'll be waiting much longer.

Thanks "Norrin Radd" ;)

I have had two so far and they kicked my ass! I have one turning now, but I have 3 4" plus monsters that I am waiting to save seeds from!

I'm excited for your pods to ripen too! You wonderful seed trader you! I've added many more variaties for next year! I'm gonna need more pots!:lol:

I keep going back and looking at that pic! It's as wide as it is tall! Tell us about your regime, ferts, how you make your compost,soil,etc...

joeknowsjolokia said:
I'm excited for your pods to ripen too! You wonderful seed trader you! I've added many more variaties for next year! I'm gonna need more pots!:lol:

I should have plenty, and I can only use so many. I have been trading all kinds of seeds for years and it's only fair to share :)
I know PRF and others on here are seed sharing machines, but sooner or later you gotta run out no matter how nice you are.

joeknowsjolokia said:
I keep going back and looking at that pic! It's as wide as it is tall! Tell us about your regime, ferts, how you make your compost,soil,etc...

Pretty fancy regime ;)... it's in a 10 gallon bucket, grown in mostly homemade screened compost, and I have used tomato-tone 2 times.

Back