• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Storing sauces and canned products temperature

Hello, I have been meaning to ask this question for some time but kept forgetting-but is it less than ideal or more ideal to keep our products like sauces, purees, canned/jarred stuff, and bottles exposed to the colder winter Temps vs indoors? I have a shed outside that's not insulated but stays warmer at night than outdoor I suppose but say lows right now are 40s but can get as cold as freezing in the winter.
Was thinking this to save space indoors but if I can't I will have to store them under the beds or something.. Have lots of stuff "put away" for the season and the jars take up lots of space and are heavy to have to unstack them every time I need something!

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that seal don’t look like it’s making good contact at the corner [emoji853]. Check to see if the lid is twisted. If it’s tweaked you may be able to tweak it back into shape. Maybe you might have to set some weights on the lid to help it stay shut. I’ve had to tweak my freezer lid back into shape after using it for a work bench and a shit gather all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PtMD989 said:
Yeah, that seal don’t look like it’s making good contact at the corner [emoji853]. Check to see if the lid is twisted. If it’s tweaked you may be able to tweak it back into shape. Maybe you might have to set some weights on the lid to help it stay shut. I’ve had to tweak my freezer lid back into shape after using it for a work bench and a shit gather all.

Haha I know how that goes.. Nah it's dead flat as I've had the lid off a few times to move it I think the seals just shot out completely, probably from having stuff stacked on it in the past before I got it..its got 4 screws for each hinge that are slotted as well and tried that route too :-/
Maybe if I purposely tweak it the other way it will seal lol
Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Good luck. [emoji16]
My freezer gets some icebergs in it also , mostly in the summer, I think high humidity has something to do with it. Mine is in the garage. Mine isn’t a self defrost model, except when we lose power for a couple of days [emoji16].

Back