• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Straining large batches is a pain... options?

Cooking up large batches of hot sauce and straining them by hand isn't going to scale up well to larger scale production. What is the best option for cooking up larger batches of mash and straining?

What would let me constantly feed mash mixture through, blend it into a liquid sauce, and strain it so it spits out liquid on one side and pulp/solids on the other?

Commercial juicers? Food mills? What am I looking for?

I have a Ninja Pro blender - 1000 watts. Kicks major butt. I was skeptical at first, but let me tell you - with a HUGE capacity and more wattage than some small aircraft, this is the best blender I've ever had/used. It has a pour spout, the blade is removable - and it's actually cheaper than the Osters and others that have just a 5 or 6 cup capacity. More capacity = fewer cycles to blend a batch - those 6 blades whir like a helicopter and puree the heck out of everything.

I cannot recommend this blender enough. Best $99 I ever spent. When I broke my beloved Oster I was bummed. That didn't last long. Bed Bath & Beyond has 'em, so if you get one of those 20% off coupons, you can get it for $80. It's a GREAT value.

I wish I got kick-backs from 'em, because I've recommended them to about 50 people, and now all y'all.

http://www.bedbathan...=1&SKU=17609181

Back